Embedded Software Test Engineer
London, United Kingdom
The Role: EmbeddedSoftware Test Engineer
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. The company is endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Fit-Tech is a new division which will form a separate P&L within the business and will focus on topics of high strategic importance to Zwift and Zwift eSports, in particular developing new products that improve or enhance the overall Zwift offering.
The Embedded Software Test Engineer role is a new position within the Fit Tech division. The team primarily use embedded devices and processors, as such the test engineer needs to have significant experience with embedded systems and testing low level software and firmware.
The Embedded Software Test Engineer is responsible for:
- Developing test software for all Fit Tech products, focusing on system level test harnesses and test benches.
- Testing potential game improvements to the extent that they are implemented with Fit Tech firmware..
- Liasing with the US software test teams.
- Working with the wider Fit Tech Engineering team to develop hardware and software that creates the best enhancement to the overall Zwift experience.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in software testing.
- Significant experience testing embedded software code and wireless communication protocols.
- Knowledge of source code control solutions such as GitHub or Perforce.
- Experience using protocol analyzers.
- Experience with product qualification and certification programs desirable.
- Experience with creating and maintaining an automated build and test environment (e.g.: Jenkins)
- Experience using CMake & Git essential
- Experience coding in C/C++
- Experience with unit test tools such as Unity, static analysis tools such as Lint.
- Knowledge of issue tracking solutions such as JIRA
Location & Travel:
- London, UK, primary place of work.
- Occasional visits to Zwifts Long Beach CA Office or manufacturing partners worldwide may be required.