Senior Manager, Business Systems
- Experience 10+ Years
- Category IT
- Location San Francisco, CA
Zynga is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Systems. This candidate will be required to deliver on-time, high-quality business application solutions to support the business needs of Zynga’s Finance, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), and Legal organizations. He/she will work collaboratively with the business partners to ensure that their staff are proactively engaged with business process transformation and redesign, and earning Business Systems a status of a valued business partner.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of providing thought leadership to both technology and business organizations, along with a history of delivering innovative business solutions. He/she will be required to stress & ensure stakeholder involvement in the project delivery process, and monitor business sponsor commitment at every stage gate. He/she will provide leadership and management oversight of the entire software development lifecycle of major software projects that vary in scope and complexity. The position must work effectively with individuals at all levels of business including regional executives, IT management, and third-party service providers. A key success factor of the individual in this role will be to work collaboratively with numerous cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of cloud based services, business intelligence, data warehouses, project management, operational excellence, and capturing business processes and will have a proven track record of leading these functional business areas with business process re-engineering and large-scale technology deployment initiatives. He/she will be required to provide leadership and focus around project execution by managing the SDLC using actionable performance metrics and Zynga IT established project management methodologies to meet budget, scope, and schedule goals. The successful candidate should have managed and delivered company-wide application deployment or upgrade programs across various business applications and functions. His/her experience should cover planning, budgeting, recruiting functional resources, developing solution design, providing business support through testing, and production deployment of business applications.
- Partner with Zynga business stakeholders to develop & re-engineer business processes, develop roadmaps and define regional application architecture.
- Participate in program planning (business requirement, strategy and planning, vendor evaluation, RFP, etc).
- Manage vendors and technical/functional teams and engage with other global IT teams (Security, and IT Operations) to deliver business application solutions.
- Coordinate and integrate application development from external IT and third-party managed services partners as necessary.
- Coordinate and prioritize the activities of resources to enable progress on multiple, concurrent high priority projects.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to ensure identification of and response to business technology requirements.
- Facilitate communication within the applications & business team to ensure strong teamwork and continuous awareness of priorities and individual accountability to projects.
- Manage the allocation and scheduling of team resources to the Production Support area as needed to support business processes.
- Human Resources Management to include directing (plan, direct and measure) the work assignments of team members. Ensures detailed task plans and resource requirements are documented for all work and insures all work is completed accurately and timely. Establish appropriate control mechanisms to ensure all work is completed correctly and on a timely, yet cost effective basis. Develop career plans and provide appropriate career development opportunities for direct reports. Serve as a role model, mentor, and coach for the Business Systems function and the entire IT Team.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience working in IT/Business Systems.
- A minimum of five 5 years managing personnel and operations in design, development, deployment, and testing of Information Services systems.
- Broad conceptual understanding of capabilities and direction of application technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology. required and the needs of business environment necessary to support assigned systems and/or projects.
- Knowledge of applications including Oracle, Workday, TM1, data warehousing, business intelligence, as well as vendor software and hardware markets, contract negotiations, implementation project management, systems integration, and on-going support management.
- Ability to perform qualitative and quantitative assessments; evaluate progress and provide guidance on multiple project plans.
- Ability to coordinate initiatives among areas with different needs, communicate effectively both verbally and orally to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing innovative Information Services approaches and adopt practices that foster continuous improvement in Information Services, challenge the status-quo and existing paradigm in formulating and implementing, high quality, timely, and cost-effective Information Services programs.
- Integrating systems experience with third-party service vendors.
- Expert in managing dispersed teams made up of FTEs, contractors, vendors, and managed service providers.