Senior Security Engineer
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Technology
- Location Chicago, IL
Zynga is currently seeking a Sr. Security Engineer to focus on today’s evolving cyber security threats. This individual will be a significant contributor to Zynga’s Information Security team, responsible for researching, developing and deploying technical solutions to provide a multi-layered approach to security. The right candidate for this position will be an experienced security practitioner with a wide range of expertise in multiple security disciplines and an ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Perform proof of concepts to evaluate technologies and be able to function as the top escalation point for Information Security controls and risk decisions.
- Identify emerging trends in the industry and establish strategic guidance related to best practice approaches for address those trends as they relate to Zynga.
- Contribute to the development and execution of Zynga’s overall Information Security strategy focusing on identifying protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with addressing trends, threats and opportunities.
- Participate in security design discussions, providing technical engineering and operational guidance to partner teams, studio contacts and senior management
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities, and can think both like an attacker and defender.
- Work with security intelligence feeds from industry / peers to continuously identify new and improved indicators of compromise detection signatures for monitoring and detections technologies.
- Provide training and mentoring to information security team members and partner teams.
- Build out the continuous security assessment program and the capabilities required to alert, address and respond across the organization.
- Respond to cyber security incidents by collecting, analyzing and preserving digital evidence, providing a point of escalation for incidents within various business units and studios.
- Coordinate assessments and exercises with external professional services firms relating to penetration testing, breach response and other related risk assessments.
Required skills and experience
- 6+ years experience in information technology with a minimum of 4 years information security and/or IT risk experience in a range of security disciplines.
- Strong ability to manage and report on multiple projects / system deployments concurrently, prioritizing efforts, managing time effectively, and requiring minimal supervision in the execution.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Security Operations and/or Sys Admin experience managing, analyzing and securing systems.
- Knowledge of cloud based security issues and related activities relating to threat detection, monitoring and response.
- Proficient experience and thorough understanding of adversarial tactics, techniques, and response mitigation procedures.
- Solid team player, collaborating well with others to solve problems in a team-focused dynamic.
- Excellent written and communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent meeting facilitation, presentation, report-writing and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Passion for continued professional development and ongoing learning.
- Desire to participate within the security community through events and conferences, supporting the sharing of information security knowledge and expertise.
Recommended skills, experience and certifications
- Sound knowledge and experience with administering and securing Windows, Mac OSX and Linux environments.
- Prior experience with implementing and administering network security, incident response, full packet capture and malware detection solutions including network architecture and security infrastructure placement.
- Professional information security related certifications.
- Experience in social media, technology, and/or gaming industry.
- Ability to thrive in a startup-like environment.