- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Accounting
- Location Ft. Meade, MD Phenix City, AL Skillman, NJ
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Plant Accountant. This role is based in Phenix City, AL.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
This role Reports to: Corporate Financial Control; dotted line to Operations Director in distribution center.
The Plant Accountant is responsible for assisting the Plant Management organization in the preparation of all accounting and financial data. To provide management with accurate information in the areas of costs, budgets, inventory management, forecasting and to do so in an efficient manner.
- Process accounting transactions within the accounting software accurately and in a timely manner in accordance with GAAP, including but not limited to:
- product receiving
- product shipping
- product returns
- inventory adjustments/write downs
- inventory costing and valuation
- Provide cost accounting oversight and guidance for light manufacturing / assembly processes.
- Overall inventory management responsibilities (financial) for plant / warehouse location(s).
- Prepare general ledger accounting entries by compiling and analyzing account information and source documentation.
- Be prepared to offer insights and recommendations to management based on analysis and interpretation of financial accounting data.
- Summarize current financial information and prepare reports as directed.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing source documents.
- Monitor and assess the Company’s internal controls structure and recommend policies and procedures that enhance the integrity of the accounting systems and safeguarding of physical assets.
- Exercise due diligence and adherence to all internal controls procedures.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of requisitions, purchase orders and receiving activities. Ensure company complies with all applicable laws and regulations through research and interpretation of accounting policy (GAAP) and local, state and federal regulations including Sales and Use Tax compliance and advise management of actions required.
- Safeguard Confidential information regarding all company affairs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- BA or BS degree in accounting, finance or economics.
- Three (3) years of professional work experience relevant to accounting is required.
- Experience a manufacturing / distribution cost environment is required.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Dynamics Applications – specifically Great Plains is preferred.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets as a requirement.
- Must have very good verbal skills as a requirement.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to perform the job done and meet necessary deadlines as a requirement.
- Some nights and weekends will be required.
- There will be domestic travel may be up to 5%.
- This position is located in Phenix City, AL.