I've written for a wide variety of outlets and clients on topics around food and business, food history, the internet, and the future of American culture.
Highlights include Forbes, Vice, Eater, Food & Wine, and LitHub.
Editorial Director | Brooklyn, NY, USA
November 2016 - January 2018
- Hired and managed a remote team of freelancers Edited, copy-edited, fact- checked, and published 3,000+ 250-character location descriptions to a brand new app
- Wrote and/or edited neighborhood guides, newsletters, blog posts, etc.
New York University
Masters, Food Studies | New York, NY, USA
2014 - 2016
Studied concepts of culinary myth-making, from Din Tai Fung's international branding to the foodie Game of Thrones fandom
Bachelors, Literary Studies | Beloit, WI, USA
2009 - 2013
- Conducted two independent studies on food writing
- Instrumental in establishing and maintaining a student- run dining co-op
- Sold homemade bread for an entrepreneurship course
- Served as the event planner for the science fiction club - the largest club on campus - two years in a row