I have over a decade of experience in various journalism roles doing everything from reporting and editing to fact checking and page design. Teaching college-level courses in journalism adds to this.
Adjunct Associate Professor
San Joaquin Delta College | Stockton, CA, USA
August 2017 - Present
I instruct/have instructed some of the core mass communication courses that are part of the Associate of Arts Degree for Transfer in Journalism at San Joaquin Delta College and Stockton Early College Academy.
The courses include Introduction to Mass Communication, Social Media & Society, and Photojournalism.
I also instruct/have instructed lab for print and digital journalism and provide More ...
Social Media Assistant
Fashion Safari | Lodi, CA, USA
February 2020 - May 2020
• Created and moderated content across social media platforms including Instagram, Instagram stories, Facebook, and Facebook stories
• Developed optimal posting schedule
• Used relevant keywords and hashtags for search engine optimization
• Consistently engaged with customers across social media platforms
• Regularly updated Shopify website with new product photos and descriptions
• Gathered More ...
Investigative Reporters and Editors | Columbia, MO, USA
September 2016 - May 2017
• Researched, copyedited, fact-checked, and proofread articles for the IRE Journal, a quarterly magazine read by thousands of investigative journalists and academics
• Oversaw content through the production process; tracked story and art deadlines
• Collaborated among departments to form the cover issue
• Wrote blog posts, short features, and briefs
• Compiled and summarized resources relevant More ...
University of Missouri-Columbia
Masters, Journalism | Columbia, MO, USA
2015 - 2017
Studied journalism with an emphasis in magazine editing.
For my thesis, I researched how men's and women's magazines frame mass shootings. I analyzed how mass shootings almost always fall under one of four frames: individual (internal) blame frames, societal (external) blame frames, profiling the shooter, and recovery and mourning.
Seattle Pacific University
Bachelors, Communication | Seattle, WA, USA
2013 - 2015
Studied communication with an emphasis in journalism.
English minor with an emphasis in professional writing.
Graduated magna cum laude; Dean's List.