It’s that time of year again — the time when you set New Year’s resolutions to fulfill your goals, dreams and ideas for your job and life in general. It’s a season lots of us clarifying our vision, acknowledging our failures, and dedicating ourselves to a future of hard work.
It’s also a time when you might be feeling disgruntled with your job, your company, and even your own personal goals. But it’s not a time for giving up. Other people are in the exact same boat — even those successful people you low-key envy. These inspirational business quotes are proof.
In honor of the approaching New Year, it’s time to start taking your own business ideas and vision for the future more seriously. Maybe you want to take advantage of an opportunity to leave your company and move on to a more advantageous career path. Maybe you want to start your own successful business from the ground up.
And you can do it! You might just need some motivational business quotes to get you moving. Here are 25 quotes from successful businesswomen like yourself to help get the ball rolling.
1. "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." — Helen Keller
2. "I never dreamed about success, I worked for it." — Estee Lauder
3. "If you are committed to creating value and if you aren't afraid of hard times, obstacles become utterly unimportant. A nuisance perhaps, but with no real power. The world respects creation; people will get out of your way." — Candice Carpenter
4. "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." — Vidal Sassoon
5. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” — Sara Blakely
6. "It was a risk. I had my husband and I was pregnant with my oldest son. But I don't look at risk the way other people do. When you're an entrepreneur, you have to go in feeling like you're going to be successful." — Lillian Vernon
7. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” — Arianna Huffington
8. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” — Mary Kay Ash
9. "What I have learned is that people become motivated when you guide them to the source of their own power and when you make heroes out of employees who personify what you want to see in the organization." — Anita Roddick
10. "Dear optimist, pessimist, and realist: While you guys were busy arguing about the glass of wine, I drank it! Sincerely, the opportunist!" — Lori Greiner
11. “Even if you don’t have the perfect idea to begin with, you can likely adapt.” — Victoria Ransom
12. “Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.” — Oprah Winfrey
13. "Surround yourself with a trusted and loyal team. It makes all the difference." — Alison Pincus
14. “So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” — Caterina Fake
15. “Sustaining a successful business is a hell of a lot of work, and staying hungry is half the battle.” — Wendy Tan White
16. “Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” — Lisa Stone
17. "Our fear of the unknown and our fear of making mistakes trick us into focusing on what we don't know or can't do. When we give ourselves the freedom to be uncertain and less than perfect, then we can start thinking, 'What do I know? What can I do?' That's when the adventure starts -- learning, thriving, conquering, failing, recouping, and having a ton of fun." — Kristin Smith
18. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”— Maya Angelou
19. “The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it.” — Debbi Fields
20. "Whatever it is that you think you want to do, and whatever it is that you think stands between you and that, stop making excuses. You can do anything." — Katia Beauchamp
21. "This is what will change the world...a ground swell of people pouring their energy into manifesting their "preferred future" instead of being worn down by disillusion and disappointment." — Molly Carlile
22. "The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves." — Barbara Corcoran
23. "One of the most important things I have learned is that businesses don't fail, entrepreneurs give up. Now sometimes, giving up is the right decision. But usually you just need to dig in and figure out how to make things better. Remember: Every day is a new opportunity to get up and do it better than yesterday!" — Adda Birnir
24. "It's up to us to all challenge our own boundaries, our own comfort zones, and get out and see what else is out there in the world and what else is possible, and give ourselves a shot to go a little bit deeper, a little bit further." — Jennifer Kushell
25. "So often people are working hard at the wrong thing. Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard." — Caterina Fake