Childbirth induces a whole cluster of emotions — anticipation, love, excitement, joy, etc. And, for many women, also fear.
In fact, the fear of childbirth plagues as many as one in 10 women. So, if you're nervous about giving birth, you're not alone. That's why there are so many childbirth memes floating around the internet to remind you that you, too, have got this! Here are 25 of the most motivational and too-true ones out there.
1. Your birth is going to be that awesome.
2. Hang in there — it'll be over soon.
3. Your baby is coming...
4. Childbirth is natural.
5. Your body knows what to do.
6. You are strong.
7. Trust yourself.
8. You're going to come out of this a mother.
9. Just let it be.
10. Relax, you got this.
11. Practice some gratitude mantras to get you through.
12. Your birth is normal.
13. You're not alone in this.
14. Keep calm.
15. Repeat: "I've got this."
16. Ignore everyone else — do this for you!
17. Be realistic.
18. They call it the "miracle of childbirth" for a reason.
19. The stages of childbirth...
20. Way your options so you can birth the way that makes you feel comfortable.
21. Remember: This isn't the tough part.
22. You can handle the pain.
23. This isn't the scary part.
24. You're on your way to motherhood!
25. Trust your baby.
AnnaMarie Houlis is a feminist, a freelance journalist and an adventure aficionado with an affinity for impulsive solo travel. She spends her days writing about women’s empowerment from around the world. You can follow her work on her blog, HerReport.org, and follow her journeys on Instagram @her_report, Twitter @herreportand Facebook.