Let’s face it, we all get a little flaky sometimes — whether it’s with friends, with family, or with work team members.
Sometimes you think that planning something a week in advance is the smartest thing, then your commitment phobia sets in and suddenly, all you want to do is go home, sit in bed, and be alone with Netflix. Commitment is hard. Commitment is annoying. Commiting to something or someone— especially for those with anxiety — can be stressful. But there’s a reason you made those plans or scheduled that call in the first place — because you wanted to do it, some part of you at least. Or because you had to. Either way, there’s no time to flake out now.
Being able to commit to something is also a highly prized quality. Committing to excellence. Committing to be a better person. Committing to have a better attitude. Commitment shows others that you are passionate, dedicated, and proud.
Here are 10 commitment quotes to keep you from bailing on your next responsibility.
1. “There’s a higher form of happiness in commitment. I’m counting on it.” — Claire Forlani
2. "Objectives are not fate; they are direction. They are not commands; they are commitments. They do not determine the future; they are means to mobilize the resources and energies of the business for the making of the future." — Peter Drucker
3. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” — Bethany Hamilton
4. “It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through”. — Zig Ziglar
5. "In order to 'hold fast' to something, one must allow oneself to be held to something. That commitment may be one of the hardest things to practice in a world of so much choice." — Sheena Iyengar
6. "People do not follow uncommitted leaders. Commitment can be displayed in a full range of matters to include the work hours you choose to maintain, how you work to improve your abilities, or what you do for your fellow workers at personal sacrifice." — Stephen Gregg
7. “The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.” — Martina Navratilova
8. “There was a moment when I changed from an amateur to a professional. I assumed the burden of a profession, which is to write even when you don't want to, don't much like what you're writing, and aren't writing particularly well.” ― Agatha Christie
9. "Without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it's a relationship, a business or a hobby." ― Neil Strauss
10. “The irony of commitment is that it’s deeply liberating — in work, in play, in love.” — Anne Morriss
These quotes about commitment should inspire you to improve your life, to improve the relationships with you people you love, to help you meet your goals through a promise and dedication to hard work and success.
It’s time to ditch the commitment phobia holding you back in life from success. That fear of commitment is keeping you from achieving your goals. Of course, a lack of commitment is bound to sprout up, but if you have within you a commitment to excellence, you will see your level of commitment rise and your hard work to push you through.
So get off that couch and put the tv remote down. Let these commitment quotes inspire you towards greatness, or at least towards that coffee date.
© 2022 Fairygodboss