Karaoke is a quintessential pasttime, and it most certainly brings back memories. You probably played it at a friend’s birthday party growing up or more recently at a karaoke bar after a happy hour that went way out of hand. And that’s why karaoke is so fun!
It’s unexpected and silly and gets everyone involved (even if they don’t want to be). Karaoke is an easy activity for everyone to get involved with because there are no rules or expectations, even if everyone starts out a little awkward and embarrassed at the beginning. You can yell. You can scream. You can sing like you’ve been doing it your whole life or like you’ve never sang before. Be optimistic and open! Karaoke is fun, funny, and entertaining — which makes it a great activity to introduce at a work party to liven up the mood.
But finding good karaoke songs can get frustrating, especially when it’s for a work event. You want people to have fun and let loose, but you still want to err on the side of caution. You have to be aware of your audience, of course, but it’s safe to say that a song that has swear words in it every other second or a track that is entirely about sex, drugs, or other illegal acts is probably too inappropriate for your coworker crowd. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of popular karaoke songs that’ll help you break the ice at your next work karaoke night.
Don’t get stressed — we’ve got this. Here are 20 good karaoke songs that are perfect for your next work party or happy hour.
1. "I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers
2. "Soak Up The Sun" by Sheryl Crow
3. "We Didn’t Start The Fire" by Billy Joel
4. "Man! I feel Like A Woman!" By Shania Twain
5. "All Star" by Smash Mouth
6. "Lucky" by Britney Spears
7. "Don’t Stop Believin’" by Journey
8. "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond
9. "Hello" by Adele
10. "Drops of Jupiter" by Train
11. "Dancing Queen" by ABBA
12. "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper
13. "Respect" by Aretha Franklin
14. "I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
15. "Say My Name" by Destiny’s Child
16. "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lyndyrd Skynyrd
17. "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence and the Machine
18. "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen
19. "Single Ladies" by Beyonce
20. "Happy" by Pharrell Williams
Problem solved. Now you can worry about hitting those high notes instead of finding a song that won’t leave you blushing and embarrassed. Hopefully, some of these tracks have given you inspiration for you next workplace karaoke night. These songs are fun, upbeat, and exciting. They’ll have people jumping out of their seats and singing along like they’ve always loved karaoke. These are fan favorites that almost everyone will know the lyrics too, and they’re perfectly appropriate for the workplace. If you start the night with these popular karaoke songs, your work party is bound to be a hit.