Some of the world’s most successful
people, including the likes of JK Rowling, Steve Jobs
and Oprah Winfrey, have lost their jobs
and overcome challenges before their names became even close to recognizable. It's no secret that success doesn’t come easily — even for those with countless connections and a helping hand.
The truth is: If you only invest a little, the reward is meager, too. At one point or another, everyone finds themselves struggling to maintain their work ethic, manage their time and reach their goal. Whether you've hit a bad luck streak or just feel like a failure
, it can be difficult to continue working towards your dreams.
Garnering the determination to put it in the work, sometimes, takes a bit of outsourced inspiration
. With that in mind, this motivational quote list will help you continue your great work.
25 Motivational Quotes
1. “It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.” ― Babe Ruth
2. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass.” — Maya Angelou
3. “When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” — Helen Keller
4. “I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” — Amelia Earhart
5. “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” — Marge Piercy
6. “If you want something you’ve never had, you’ve must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” — Thomas Jefferson
7. “Working hard overcomes a whole lot of other obstacles. You can have unbelievable intelligence, you can have connections, you can have opportunities fall out of the sky. But in the end, hard work
is the true, enduring characteristic of successful people.” — Marsha Evans
8. “Sometimes the greatest thing to come out of all your hard work isn't what you get for it, but what you become for it.” — Steve Maraboli, "Life, the Truth, and Being Free"
9. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” — Thomas Edison
10. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” — Maya Angelou
11. “The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.” — Roseanne Barr
12. “I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.” — Thomas Jefferson
13. “When you start living the life of your dreams, there will always be obstacles, doubters, mistakes and setbacks along the way. But with hard work, perseverance and self-belief there is no limit to what you can achieve.” — Roy T. Bennett
14. “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint—and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” — Oprah Winfrey
15. “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” — Nancy Rathburn
16. "It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." — Confucius
17. "If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t, you will see obstacles." — Wayne Dyer
18. "Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear." — George Addair
19. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." – Winston Churchill
20. "Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." — C.S. Lewis
21. "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears." — Les Brown
22. "There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure." ― Paulo Coelho
23. "If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you." — Les Brown
24. "It’s not whether you get knocked down. It’s whether you get up." — Vince Lombardi
25. "Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement." — W. Clement Stone
Life presents us with obstacles that force us to spend our time and effort differently. But with additional motivation, courtesy of the quotes above or one of these inspirational memes
, you'll find the perseverance to keep going.
AnnaMarie Houlis is a multimedia journalist and an adventure aficionado with a keen cultural curiosity and an affinity for solo travel. She's an editor by day and a travel blogger at HerReport.org by night.