"Happy hump day" — what a paradoxical phrase, huh?
There really isn’t such thing as a happy hump day or a “good morning” on Wednesdays. The third day of the week is reserved for moans and groans and complaining about what a bad day you’re having. On these days, there is no such thing as an inspirational quote and saying, funny joke, or positive attitude that can turn that frown upside down.
Are you suffering from a case of the Wednesday blues? Don’t sweat it; we’ve all been there. Hump day has a way of draining all the life out of your body and slowing down time until it feels like it doesn’t exist at all. But Wednesdays aren’t all bad! You’ve got Friday just around the corner, and half your week is essentially done. They could be funny and happy and full of excitement — more people just need to think like that.
Of course, it’s not that easy. Funny hump day memes and funny hump day images in your email inbox might help. An inspirational quote and saying might take the edge off a bit too, especially by adding a little hump day humor to the office. But that doesn’t mean Wednesday’s aren’t still rough, though, so here are some hump day quotes to perk you up for the week ahead.
Let’s end the stigma of hump day! Let’s turn this bad day into a good one. Let's not groan when we hear the phrase “good morning” or “happy Wednesday!” Let’s start loving Wednesdays! Ok, we won’t go that far. But hopefully these hump day quotes will help you push through.
Hump Day Quotes
1. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” — Maya Angelou
2. “Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it’s not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” — Barack Obama
3. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” — Julie Andrews
4. “Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched.” — Mindy Kaling
5. “If you are going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
6. “What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong.” — Robin Williams
7. “Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do.” — Oprah Winfrey
8. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” — Mary Poppins
9. “Don’t be afraid to take time to learn. It’s good to work for other people. I worked for others for 20 years. They paid me to learn.” — Vera Wang
10. “The future depends on what you do today.” — Mahatma Gandhi
11. “There are so many great things in life; why dwell on negativity?” —Zendaya
12. "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."— Christopher Robin
13. "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."— Franklin D. Roosevelt
14. "The problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat." — Lily Tomlin
15. "Do or do not. There is no try." — Yoda
Happy Wednesday! And have a happy, funny hump day!
© 2022 Fairygodboss