It's no secret that being a stay-at-home mother is a job in and of itself — any mother will tell you that.
And research from a recent Pew study suggests that the number of women who are becoming stay-at-home moms is actually on the rise. While 71 percent of mothers work outside of the home, 29 percent are staying home, which is up from six percent from 1999. With so many moms at home, why is it that there are still so many stereotypes that stay-at-home moms must just sit around eating Bon Bons all day? (Words I've heard from my very own stay-at-home mother's mouth.)
Here's a painfully relatable stay at home mom meme for every at-home mother who gets it.
1. When in doubt: Coffee.
2. The workday never ends.
3. Bon Bons? Not for you.
4. What don't you do all day?
5. Why is there no emoji for a stay-at-home mom?
6. Who doesn't love Target?
7. It never stops.
8. Mom guilt is real.
9. It's the little things.
10. Who even wears pants?
11. Stay-and-work-at-home moms can't just skip out of the house as they please.
12. You're surviving.
13. Someone else watching your kids? Never.
14. This is what a six-pack looks like.
15. The exhaustion hits like a brick wall.
16. Have some respect.
17. Just do your best.
18. You can't appease everyone.
19. Nap time is the most productive time.
20. The more naps the better.
21. Who doesn't photograph their kids a thousand times?
22. Baby talk is contagious.
23. Daycare doesn't make sense for everyone.
24. Forget about relaxing.
25. Kids are strategic and smarter than you think.
26. There's no such thing as sitting around.
27. Being a stay-at-home mom is a tough but great job.
28. It's far from easy.
29. Being a mom means working around the clock.
30. Live out of yoga pants with no shame.