It's nice to feel recognized for your hard work, isn't it? That's exactly why you should spread the love and show your coworkers how much you care and appreciate what they do. People like for their efforts to be acknowledged—and when they are, workers tend to be more motivated and perform better. It's basic management science.
How should you tell a coworker you appreciate their hard work?
How you tell your coworker you appreciate their work often depends on the circumstances. Your best bet is to communicate your appreciation in the same forum where you normally talk; for example, if you’ve been messaging them about a project on Slack, shout them out in your team's Slack channel. If you’re on Zoom, share your support in a chat message or with some (un-muted!) vocal appreciation.
100 unique ways to say "thank you for your hard work"
We won't just leave you with an "it depends on the circumstances" recco for how to thank a colleague. Whether you want to be direct or personal, and whether they're getting promoted or departing the company, here are plenty of ideas to make your feelings clear.
Direct "Thank You" Examples
A short and sweet thank you is perfectly fine. Here are some straightforward ways to show your appreciation.
1. Thank you for your hard work.
2. Thanks for your efforts.
3. Thanks for taking the time to do this.
4. Thank you for your time.
5. Thanks for your work.
6. Thank you for dedicating the time to this.
7. Thanks for your time and effort.
8. Thank you for your work on this.
9. Thank you for everything you put into this.
10. Thanks for taking this one upon yourself.
"I Appreciate You" Examples
If you'd rather lead with an "I" statement, try any of these:
11. I appreciate your effort.
12. I appreciate your time.
13. I appreciate your work on this.
14. I appreciate your hard work.
15. I appreciate you taking the time to focus on this.
16. I appreciate you making this a priority.
17. I appreciate you dedicating the time to this.
18. I appreciate you taking the lead on this one.
19. I appreciate you shifting gears to focus on this.
20. I appreciate you taking this one upon yourself.
"Thank You in Advance" Examples
Motivate them before they've done a thing with a lil TIA message:
21. Thanks in advance!
22. Thank you for your consideration.
23. I appreciate you making the time for this.
24. Thanks for prioritizing this.
25. I appreciate you looking into this whenever you get a chance.
26. When you get a second, I appreciate it!
27. If you have some time today, I'd appreciate your work on this.
28. If you have the bandwidth, I'd appreciate your expertise on this.
29. Whenever you get some time, I appreciate your eyes on this.
30. Thanks so much for your work on this whenever you can squeeze it in!
Personal "Thank You" Examples
If you're closer with this person than the average colleague, you might want to sprinkle in some personality:
31. Congrats! You've had the best performance. Thanks for your hard work.
32. Nicely done. No one else can match your performance. Thanks for your work.
33. Well done! You are the top-performer in your group. Thanks for your hard work.
34. You are the MVP! Our team couldn't have accomplished this without you.
35. From us to you, we appreciate you leading this team to success.
36. Your efforts will not go in vain. We appreciate you!
37. It's been such a pleasure to work with you on this. Thanks for your hard work.
38. It's been such a pleasure to work with someone who is so dedicated. You inspire me.
39. You have been such a motivation. We appreciate your efforts in rallying the team to achieve our goals.
40. You are the best! Thanks for all of your hard work.
Goodbye "Thank You" Examples
You can share any of these messages with someone who is leaving the company, a project, or your team.
41. You have been such a pleasure to work with. Thanks for everything!
42. You have been such a help. I appreciate all that you have done!
43. We are sorry to see you go after everything you have done for us. Thank you!
44. We can't thank you enough for all that you have done during your time here.
45. Your hard work will be remembered. Thanks for everything.
46. You have been such an inspiration to work with. Thanks for spending the time with us.
47. You have been such a team player. We will miss you.
48. Thanks for all of your time and work on this project. We couldn't have come this far without you.
49. We'll miss you when you're gone, but we appreciate the time we got to spend with you!
50. Good luck on your next endeavor. I'm sure you'll be just as successful. Thanks for everything!
Specific "Thank You" Examples
If you want to call out someone's work on a specific project, go with one of these notes:
51. Thank you for always coming to work radiating such a positive attitude and inspiring everyone around you.
52. The things that I have learnt from you are going to be with me forever. Its because of your time and effort that I am where I am today. Thanks for everything!
53. Thanks a lot for all of your dedication to helping me get where I am today. I couldn't have done it without you.
54. You have gone above and beyond with this campaign. We appreciate your effort on it!
55. You always face a challenge with such strength. Thanks for inspiring all of us.
56. You never back down in the face of a challenge. Now more than ever, we appreciate you for motivating us in this time of need.
57. You are truly a diamond in the rough. Thanks for always sticking it through.
58. Your overtime has not gone unnoticed. Thanks for helping out around the clock!
59. You always lend a helping hand when it's needed. Thanks for being someone I can count on.
60. I appreciate how much you've covered for me. I hope to show my gratitude by getting you back one of these days! Let me know whenever you need it.
Group "Thank You" Examples
Want to say thank you from your whole crew? Here are some ways you and your team can give thanks.
61. We all knew this work would not have been possible without your amazing work. So thank you for helping us achieve the impossible.
62. Your commitment to our company has been unmatched. Thank you for all you have done for us.
63. We have never had a such a brilliant beam of light radiate the office like you have. Thanks for keeping us all inspired, always.
64. We appreciate everything you have done to bring us up to speed, and we can't wait to make you proud!
65. We didn't get this far only to come this far, and we only got this far thanks to you! We appreciate your continued support as we strive for our biggest goal yet!
66. Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are. We can't thank you enough for being you.
67. We love have a team member like you! Thanks for always rallying the troops.
68. Your hard work has always exceeded the company's expectations. We want to thank you and express our gratitude with a promotion!
69. Your achievements speak for themselves, but we hope you know just how much your hard work means to all of us at the company.
70. We can't even remember what we did before you were part of our team. Thanks for making the team complete!
Leadership "Thank You" Examples
Bosses get more problems to fix than random notes of positivity. Thank them for their guidance with a note like:
71. Thanks for paving the way to success!
72. Thanks for always walking the walk, not just talking the talk!
73. You always practice what you preach, and we appreciate you for it!
74. Thanks for always leading by example.
75, The best leaders are the ones that can bring people together over a common goal, and you've created a vision we're all excited to share. Thank you for that.
76. Thanks for being someone I can look up to!
77. Thanks for always being someone I can count on.
78. Thanks for giving up the tools we need to be successful, as well as the space we need to pave our own paths to that success.
79. We appreciate you for always picking up the pieces.
80. Thanks for always giving credit where credit is due, even when we all owe you most of the credit for helping us get to where we are today!
Thanks with Well Wishes Examples
If you want to wish someone well on top of giving thanks, here are some ways to do just that.
81. Your enthusiasm and insights are really inspiring. I wish you a lifetime of success and happiness.
82. I wish you all the best in your next endeavors. May you find just as much joy as you've brought all of us.
83. Thanks for all of your hard work. I wish you nothing but the best!
84. Thanks for everything over the last few years. I wish you just as much success in your next endeavor.
85. Thanks for always bringing a smile to our faces. We wish that whatever is in your future brings a smile to yours, too.
86. Thanks for being you! You deserve all the best.
87. I hope for your health and happiness! You deserve it. Thanks for everything.
88. You deserve nothing but the best! Thank you.
89. I appreciate your time and hard work, and I wish you well going forward.
90. Thanks for your work, and good luck on your next big thing!
Thanks with Congratulations Examples
These options are great if you want to mix gratitude with a pat on the back:
91. Congrats on your achievement! You've earned it. Thanks for your hard work.
92. Thanks for putting in the work on this campaign, and congrats on crushing it!
93. Congrats on these results! We couldn't have done this without you.
94. We owe this success to you! Congratulations, and thank you!
95. We couldn't have done this without you. Congrats on your personal achievement, and thanks for leading the team to success.
96. You are the real winner here! Congrats and many thanks.
97. Let's celebrate you! Thanks for everything!
98. You are a star! Thanks for taking the lead on this one, and congrats on the achievement.
99. Yay, you did it! Thanks for everything!
100. We made it! Thanks for all of your help! We couldn't have gotten this far without you.
AnnaMarie Houlis is a multimedia journalist and an adventure aficionado with a keen cultural curiosity and an affinity for solo travel. She's an editor by day and a travel blogger at HerReport.org by night.
What’s your no. 1 way to tell someone “thank you for your hard work”? Share your answer in the comments to help other Fairygodboss members!