TS/Oil and Gas and Distribution.
Provide maintenance of User Interface application functionality, including code fixes, creating tools for model conversion, documentation, and user interfaces.
Collaborate with system/project engineers, SCADA developers and Energy Management System (EMS) and Distribution Management System (DMS) application developers to implement solutions that are aligned with product direction.
Consults with other technical leads to ensure that project-related system design guidelines are being followed. Responsible for writing UI Functional and Detailed Software Designs.
Provides input to technical lead on schedules and cost estimates.
Interfaces with customers on general and specific issues within area of functional expertise.
Provides marketing support for proposals and demonstrations to potential customers.
Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
Work experience in the power systems area.
Excellent programming skills in Java Swings and Advanced Java Programming (Full stack) as required. Good understanding of database operation.
Strong knowledge of customer perspective and needs.
Proven software design skills at the application and technical area level.
Ability to see integration issues and to preclude schedule impacts.
Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentation to technical and non-technical staff and customers
Ability to work independently and be self-motivated and take leadership roles.
Demonstrates a high degree of personal and professional integrity.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Ability to travel and work at customer site, based on the project demands.
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Additional Job Description