TikTok will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require TikTok's sponsorship of a visa.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make an impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The Trust and Safety team aims to build a world where people can safely discover, create and connect. Our goals are to ensure the safety of the community and to build a safer experience for users.
The Trust and Safety Engineering team is responsible for building a highly scalable, complex and intelligent platform that is able to manage high traffic loads. You would also be building tools to help protect our users from harmful content and abusive behaviours. With the continuous efforts of our trust and safety team, we can provide the best user experience and bring joy to everyone in the world.
What you will be doing:
1. Build a highly-scalable, efficient and robust trust and safety platform and tools;
2. Understand product objectives to develop an easy-to-use platform that aligns with customers' needs;
3. Collaborate with trust and safety specialists, experts and machine learning engineers;
4. Improve system design and architecture to ensure high stability and performance of the services;
5. Work with Trust and Safety teams to protect TikTok globally.
What you should have:
- At least Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent practical experience);
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, familiar with C++/Go/Java program development (at least one), striving for high-quality code and focusing on the technical quality of the code.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems
- Familiar with Data storage systems and Queries
- Independent thinking, able to take the initiative to identify problems, systematic problem analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to learn, explore and research in unfamiliar areas.
- Great communication and teamwork skills
Preference will be given to those who have one of the following:
- Good mentorship skills
- Experience with Trust and Safety
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.