ing (DPSG BP) team is to empower the TikTok Business with data. Our goal is to build a Data Warehouse that can cater to batch and streaming data, Data Products that provide useful information to build efficient data metrics & dashboards which will be used to make smarter business decisions to support business growth. If you're looking for a challenging ground to push your limits, this is the team for you!
- Translate business requirements & end to end designs into technical implementations and responsible for building batch and real-time data warehouse
- Manage data modeling design, writing, and optimizing ETL jobs
- Collaborate with the business team to building data metrics based on data warehouse
- Responsible for building and maintaining data products
- Involvement in rollouts, upgrades, implementation, and release of data system changes as required for streamlining of internal practices
- Develop and implement techniques and analytics applications to transform raw data into meaningful information using data-oriented programming languages and visualisation software.
- Apply data mining, data modelling, natural language processing, and machine learning to extract and analyse information from large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Visualise, interpret, and report data findings and may create dynamic data reports as well.
- At least 5 years in software engineering and 2 years of relevant experience in data engineering
- Proficient in creating and maintaining complex ETL pipelines end-to-end while maintaining high reliability and security
- Familiar with data warehouse concept and have production experience in modeling design
- Familiar with at least 1 distributed computing engine (https://e.g. Hive, Spark, Flink)
- Familiar with at least 1 NoSQL database is a plus (https://e.g. HBase)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage and manage internal and external stakeholders across all levels of seniority
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to build rapport across teams and stakeholders
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.