am supports the company's fast growth by building and operating hyper-scale datacenters, managing the life cycle of server fleet, providing cloud solutions, and developing various infrastructure services and making sure they are scalable and are reliable.
We are looking for technicians to apply their technical skills in a fast-paced environment. Having a working knowledge of server hardware and mechanical/electrical infrastructure at a large-scale datacenter is vital to this role. This position will work to resolve and diagnose server issues, escalate issues, and work with remote teams. Additionally, this role will work within the server rack lifecycle process with a focus on helping buildout computing and storage environments. Solid communication skills are a requirement for this role. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility are key to their success. Having the ability to work independently and also within teams. The candidate should also have working knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Scripting, and Hardware Repair.
• Work within a ticketing system in support for the server fleet.
• Be the first point of contact for break-fix technicians.
• Prioritize ticketing queues and work to resolve escalations.
• Perform power cycles, troubleshooting, and replace failed components.
• Physically assist in moving and installing equipment.
• Assist in projects such as adding new capacity and working on retrofits within the Datacenter.
• Have a strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills.
• Participate in an on-call rotation.
• Establish strong working relationships with various internal teams and external partners.
• Assist with inventory and asset management.
• Work with physical security and EHS team to support site health and compliance.
• College/Technician Degree or equivalent professional experience/certification in Engineering.
• Knowledge of Linux and server hardware repairs.
• Working knowledge of technologies such as HTTP, DNS, RAID, and DHCP.
• At least three years of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology.
• Prior experience in large scale datacenters.
• Basic working knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical infrastructure.
• Experience operating heavy-load movement equipment such as pallet jacks, server lifts, etc.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]