TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team
TikTok and affiliate are developing the next-generation high-performance analytical database, with a mission to enable efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making on PB-level data sets. The initial product was forked from Clickhouse, after which large re-architecture had been taken place. The product now not only improves the efficiency of Clickhouse but also fits into the elastic cloud-native infrastructure with better scalability and resource utilization. With years of polishment in the internal EB-level scenarios, we are now ready to serve our business partners via various cloud vendors.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the high availability of OLAP engine, ability to handle complex online issue trouble shooting and guarantee SLA.
- Build tools, automation, monitoring for distributed OLAP engine running as SaaS and on-premises deployment.
- Collaborate with engineering, infrastructure, security, and product teams to implement DevOps solutions to ensure scalability and reliability of the system.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and improvement of our DevOps processes.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical background involving software/system engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- At least 3 years experience of managing and trouble shooting large-scale distributed systems
- At least 2 years experience of containerization technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes, and experience of managing stateful services on K8S would be a plus
- Expertise in DevOps technologies like Terraform, Skaffold, Bash Scripting, Ansible etc.
- Expertise in either Go, Python or Java and have experience of building production services with either of them.
- Familiar with building solutions with AWS, Google, Azures, AliCloud or other cloud services.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux operating systems.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.