provides key support for all of TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technology and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and compliance support for global privacy and regulatory affairs matters, including support for information security, incident response related matters and data privacy. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional support for information security matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
- Manage a team of legal professionals within the information security and incident response vertical on the Global Privacy and Regulatory Affairs team
- Oversee and manage the day to day legal support for incident response, covering information security, privacy, safety, and other breaches and incidents
- Advise on the development and implementation of information security and data protection policies and processes
- Provide thought leadership on security-related regulatory and statutory matters that may impact the company
- Collaborate with security teams on matters relating to data assurance, data protection, threat defense, risk management, and regulatory compliance
- Work with legal and product teams globally to review products, features, new applications and initiatives to provide legal risk mitigation strategies to ensure legal compliance for products from an information security perspective
- Provide support to procurement and commercial teams with respect to information security aspects of contract and relationship discussions with third parties
- Coordinate with legal, information security, trust & safety, privacy & data protection, and other cross-functional colleagues on all matters related to information security and incident response, including communication, policy development, and enforcement aspects
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school (or foreign equivalent) with membership in good standing in a US State Bar
- 15 or more years of post-qualifications experience. Past experiences should include extensive leadership responsibilities leading global teams of legal professionals and providing legal counsel in enterprise technology or leading consumer-facing digital applications, ideally including user-generated content.
- 8 or more years of information security and incident response experience within a major global technology company. Background in data privacy and national security matters preferred.
- Proven experience advising on cyber risks, remediation, cybersecurity standards, frameworks, risk assessments and certification processes
- Extensive experience working with international teams in various time zones in a cross-functional environment
- Detailed oriented, strong documentation, presentation, and communication skills in a cross-functional and global role
- Highly motivated, proactive work ethic, ability to multitask, collaborate and produce results in an ever-changing legal and regulatory environment
- Strong drafting, presentation, and communication skills in a cross-functional and global role
- Interest and ability to understand complex technical issues and excellent problem solving skills
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at https://TiktokOps.accommodations@https://tiktok.com.