Protection Office) is the organization to lead, supervise, and empower all TikTok's privacy work in an accountable and industry leading way. This team is the expert in the landscape of privacy risks and passionate about consulting across the company on implementing the proper safeguards and technical mitigations to ensure that our users' privacy is honored across the TikTok's products and platforms.
In this role, you will be:
• Responsible for the risk identification, evaluation, governance, improvement and tracking of data protection, to address data protection pain points in business such as e-commerce, video creation, education, international payment, etc., and cooperate with the legal team to transform legal compliance requirements into technical and process solutions, deal with corresponding risks, and further precipitate into standard compliance programs and guidelines to improve business compliance efficiency.
• Establishing and promoting both process and technical systems of business privacy protection, and ensure the risk convergence and privacy protection technology landing in business scenarios.
Responsible for the implementation of the company's overseas business / domestic business privacy protection program.
• Responsible for promoting the implementation of the company's privacy protection program. To promote the development of data security and privacy protection automation tools, etc.
• Participating in technical discussions with engineering and information security peers. Track and benchmark the latest domestic and international legal and regulatory requirements, and promote data and privacy gaps in the rectification process continued.
• Industry experience in driving change in technology companies.
• Bachelor degree or above in information security, computer science, law, communication or related majors, or equivalent work experience.
• Privacy protection related experience with solid background knowledge of enterprise security industry and technology related.
• Privacy certifications from bodies such as the IAPP are preferred.
• Technical experience in cloud and modern systems architectures.
Familiar with domestic and international laws and regulations, such as cybersecurity law, GDPR, HIPAA, etc.
• Proficiency in PIA/DPIA methodologies, presided over or participated in privacy by design work is preferred.
• Participated in GDPR, CCPA, ISO27001, ISO27701 initiatives and related work is preferred.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected].
[For Pay Transparency] Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $147200 - $269800 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.