TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
TikTok Eng- Content Discovery - Backend - User Platform team builds and maintains a reliable and safe user platform, supporting user lifecycle information management and access across TikTok. As one of the most fundamental services in TikTok, user team needs to support the company's fast growth by
- Ensure and improve the system's reliability and stability
- Improve the scalability of the whole system, including scalability in system functionalities to meet various business requirements and scalability in engineering to support rapid growth of user numbers and traffic.
- As a fundamental platform, continuously improve the usability of the platform and optimize the development process.
In this team, you'll have the opportunity to sharpen your expertise in coding and large-scale distributed system design, performance analysis and large system operation. Our challenges are not some regular day-to-day technical puzzles —— you'll have a unique opportunity to have first-hand exposure to the challenges of building a hyper scalable, hyper stable and safe large scale system within a non-stop evolvement of a phenomenal product ecosystem.
- Improve system design and architecture to ensure high stability and performance of the services across global multi-DC, including but not limited to: disaster tolerance, SLA management, chaos engineering, multi-site disaster recovery architecture
- Design and develop core components to improve system scalability
- Analyze service performance and find bottlenecks (language/trace analysis/storage) and optimize accordingly to improve cost and efficiency
- Familar with relational database and No-SQL database; Familiar with patterns of distributed database.
- Manage operations of user service, such as SLA management, system deployment, performance tuning and trouble shooting
- Participate in regular on-call duties
- Strong programming fundamentals, particularly in data structures, concurrency.
- Experience on operations and optimizations of large scale distributed system's stability
- Have built and optimized highly available, scalable, distributed back-end services.
- Experience on designing and building large scale user platform is preferred
- Experience on DDD (domain driven design) is preferred
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.