or providing timely, high-quality support to the TikTok community. Be it a forgotten account login credential or a technical issue, we provide friendly, on-brand resolutions 7 days/week.
The Associate will play a direct role in helping to establish TikTok as our users' favorite daily experience through processing user requests through email and ticketing systems. They will be responsible for responding in a warm and on-brand manner with a focus on first-touch issue resolution. The Associate will become skilled at using various proprietary tools to resolve users' issues and closely execute multiple standard operating procedures (SOPs) to appropriately handle various interactions. Success will be determined by productivity, quality, and resolution-based metrics.
We're looking for individuals with a passion for a streamlined user experience who thrive in a fast-paced, self-led environment and love to investigate. A high level of familiarity with the TikTok user experience is a plus.
We currently have User Support Associate roles in a few different focus areas:
- Creator Support: You will be helping to support our top creators globally reaching out for support accessing their accounts, updating account credentials, how to join creator fund, etc.
- Social Support: You will be helping to support our user base that reaches out for help through social media (TikTok, Twitter, etc.).
- Account Verification: You will be able to support our user base that reaches out to have their account verified.
What you'll do:
- Respond efficiently, accurately, and with compassion to users who reach out to TikTok for help.
- Learn and utilize various tools and SOPs appropriately. Stay up to date with policy and process changes.
- Contribute to strategic growth initiatives and special projects as needed.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure we provide the best user experience through escalating issues, developing solutions and processes, etc.
- User first. You're obsessed with providing a first-class experience to TikTok users. You put yourself in the shoes of our users to understand their experience and provide empathetic support. You're naturally patient and your last user support response of the day is always as supportive as your first. You communicate clearly and empathetically, no matter how tense a situation is.
- Cool and calm. You like moving fast and change energizes you. You're able to quickly adapt to using a new process or tool from day to day.
- Tool proficient. You have experience with backend user support tools (examples: Zendesk, Sprinklr, HubSpot, etc) and can quickly learn how to use new tools.
- Detail oriented. You follow complicated processes better than anyone you know. You're able to spot errors and fix them quickly.
- Team player. You ask for help when you need it. You support your peers when they ask for help. You're the first to raise your hand to try out a new process and provide feedback. You bring a positive attitude, no matter the situation, and are solution-oriented.
- Fluent in English & Korean - to support TikTok users in the Korean speaking regions.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a user support or customer service role
- Experience providing exceptional customer service via email/written channels
- Strong multi-tasking skills (you can juggle requests coming in 3 different places no problem)
- Strong written communication skills
- Proficiency with computers, CRM software, and strong typing skills
- First-class time management and decision-making skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Literacy of internet culture and user behavior on social media preferred
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.