Only a few months ago, Fairygodboss announced our Best Companies for Women Awards at Galvanize. And since then, we've asked the winning companies to share more about why gender diversity is important to them — and how they are helping make the workforce a more equitable place.
Curious to get an inside peek at what makes an organization a Top Company for Women? Here's what 13 of our winners had to say...
1. "At Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn’t just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Making it easier for everyone to experience the world is not a small task. But it’s the diversity of our teams that allows us to do just that. Each and every day the passion of our people is what brings our mission to life. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It’s a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech." — Paulo Pisano, SVP and Chief People Officer at Booking.com
2. “Supporting and advancing gender diversity is essential to attracting and retaining the best talent. We’re honored to be named a Best Finance Company for Women as it demonstrates Capital One’s commitment to being a place where all associates have opportunities to advance their careers and fully unleash their gifts.” — Theresita Richard, Managing Vice President of Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging at Capital One
3. "All genders should be represented in the tech industry—and we can make an impact. Diversity makes us stronger and it’s important to us that Elasticians feel comfortable bringing their ideas forward. Being rated a Best Company for Women will encourage other women to seek careers in tech and at Elastic." — Leah Sutton, SVP of Global Human Resources at Elastic
4. "In order for The Hanover Insurance Group to be innovative, competitive and agile, we need diverse perspectives and experiences. The contributions of women in the workplace are critical to our success, and supporting gender diversity aligns to the core values of our organization." — Haydee Santana, AVP of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity at The Hanover Insurance Group
5. "We know that diverse, equitable and inclusive teams produce innovative ideas, increase creativity and are more productive—enabling us to better solve our clients’ toughest problems. Gender diversity is a key part of that equation, and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive is not only integral to our business success but core to who we are as a firm.” — Elena Richards, Chief Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Officer at KPMG US
6. "Gender diversity is a business imperative. As an organization, Marsh McLennan works in the areas of risk, strategy and people—cultivating a culture where women can flourish only makes sense. We are committed to advancing top talent. Marsh McLennan is honored to be rated a Best Company for Women." — Moreland Murray, Chief Inclusion & Diversity Officer and Chief People Officer Marsh McLennan
7. "Gender diversity is essential to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture at Navy Federal Credit Union. Women make up over 65% of our workforce, over half serving in leadership roles. Being rated as a Best Company for Women is a direct reflection of how our team members feel." — Holly Kortright, Chief Human Resources Officer at Navy Federal Credit Union
8. "As thought leaders in the consulting industry, we create innovative solutions for our clients and points of view to challenge our thinking. None of this can happen without the diversity of our employees and the culture we have created in supporting safe and brave spaces. Being rated Best Company for Women will help us attract women and sustain our innovation and the impact we have in our communities." — Margaret Scovern, Managing VP of Social Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Pariveda
9. "Our mission is to bring innovation to the world, and we would not be able to do this without actively including all employees across the company. Being ranked one of the Best Companies for Women allows us to show that we are committed to improving gender equity in leadership positions across our organization." — Heather Howell, Director of Global Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Seagate Technology
10. "Bringing diverse talent together leads to better innovation, more creativity, stronger financial results, and improved decision-making. Studies show that organizations with staff from a broad range of backgrounds outperform firms with less diverse workforces — proof positive that we are stronger when we belong. Sprinklr is more than a company. We are a shared experience, built on the talent and passion of people from every walk of life and all corners of the globe. We celebrate differences, and seek to hear unique perspectives because they help us all to learn and do better." — Christy Ethridge, Sr. Recruitment Marketing and Event Planning Specialist at Sprinklr.
11. "Supporting gender diversity is critical to an ecosystem of equity including representation, opportunity, well-being, and compensation. It’s not only the right thing to do — it’s necessary for the success of every business and person. UKG is committed to helping close the gender wage gap and is a proud Best Company for Women.” — Brian K. Reaves, Chief Belonging, Diversity, and Equity Officer of UKG
12. "Success is only achieved when all voices and perspectives are heard and valued. US Foods is committed to fostering an environment that is engaging and inclusive, developing female talent at all career levels through professional development programs aimed at supporting our female associates. We’re honored to be recognized by Fairygodboss." — Lourdes Diaz, Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion at US Foods
13. "ZS is committed to our value of treating people right and celebrating the visible and invisible elements of our identities. Having this celebratory recognition from Fairygodboss will help us spread our reach to engage more women and gender expansive individuals and help them build successful careers at ZS." — Lauren Fryc, Chief of Staff for Women@ZS ERG, ZS
Without companies like these who believe in gender equality, the work we do at Fairygodboss would not have as much of an impact as it does. So thank you to all of these companies, and thank you to everyone who submitted a review!