Anthem, Inc.

3.2

"Don't do it if you are above 30 and have any disabilities."
"no"
One thing Anthem, Inc. can improve?
"Anthem is a very hostile place to work. They allow bullying and discrimination to take place and do nothing to help employees who are experiencing it. My previous manager even admitted on an unemployment recorded call that he did not follow up on an official complaint that I had made against another employee. Even with this Anthem was allowed to get out of paying unemployment benefits. Do not work here or pick another insurance company for your coverage."
Customer Service Representative, Customer Service
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Lots of work from home positions. However there is still a heavy workload. I’m not sure I would be able to handle it if I had kids. "
, Healthcare
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"The company doesn't have a lot of recognition in some offices and there aren't great maternity benefits. "
One thing Anthem, Inc. can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
, Marketing
"Most departments have flexibility to work from home."
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Many women work here however to me it seems there are not as many higher level ones b"
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Don't accept a position at Anthem, Inc. unless you're okay with being treated poorer than men, in many ways."
One thing Anthem, Inc. can improve?
"Hire more qualified candidates in management positions, treat men and women equally and promote from within."
, Business Intelligence
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Always stand up for yourself. Strong women are embraced here. "
, Customer Service
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Work at home opportunities and flex hours. College paid 100%."
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Flexibility largely depends upon individual managers, some are flexible and some are not."
Senior Advisor, IT
"IT and management roles typically require a lot of overtime. "
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Work with your managers to make sure you are getting what you need. "
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
"They use UTOs and they will count them against you if you are even 1 minute late. "
"I haven't taken it yet because I am currently pregnant. I was recently hired and I don't qualify for any benefits. It's really worrisome and I am going to be talking with a manager about what my options are. "
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Great place to work and they offers work-life balance for all parents."
One thing Anthem, Inc. can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Great place to work. Women in leadership and flexibility. Lots of positions have work from home options"
One thing Anthem, Inc. can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
"short term disability is included in compensation and winds up paying for a decent amount of maternity leave. "
"null"
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Poor maternity leave benefits"
"There's a big focus on diversity, especially on getting women into leadership, but the C-suite is still dominated by men."
Clerk II, N/A
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"It depends on who exactly you work with."
"The division/department where I supported is spearheaded and led with an iron fist by a woman. I've not ever been treated so inferior due to my title or what I did. Never positive feedback. Although balanced by gender, it is not for the soft hearted."
N/A, Professional Services
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"You need to be a strong and hard hearted individual"
"I'm not sure yet"
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Be wary of the Work-At-Home (WAH) program. Although it may be a huge selling point if you need to relocate it holds many draw-backs. Loss of Visibility on site translates to being overlooked for choice projects and promotion opportunities. Be prepared to have your production scrutinized and questioned. The WAH employee assumes all the liability, including replacement for lost, stolen or damaged equipment. Also the WAH worker will assume all cost for telephone, internet, heating and cooling, and dedicated office space. You will be told to claim anything you can on your taxes. Finally, due to HIPPA you must have a dedicated, enclosed area to work and all children must be at school or a day care provider during your working hours. Proof of Day Care must be provided for any mothers. Last but not least, if there are any power outages, weather conditions or other extenuating circumstances that force a site to close, that paid time off will not extend to the WAH employee. In fact, the WAH staff will be expected to pick up the slack for the closed site."
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"It is a good opportunity to break into medical insurance industry, but the production requirements are stringent, and there is a great deal of nepotism and favoritism when attempting to climb the ranks. I did find balance of life and job to be a consideration, and the industry is not male dominated. While women can find opportunity, Anthem does not favor age. In their restructure they made it a point to weed out all employees aged 50 plus."
"I feel there are good opportunities especially on the service side. The technological side is still pretty old boy network."
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"There are a lot of women in management in the company. so that is a good thing. I don't know if they are paid the same as men in the same position tho."
Product Development Director, N/A
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"If you are not white, you will not be promoted (this review is for New York). Sexism and racism are entrenched here. Black managers are not visible which leads me to believe there are none in New York. I have only seen one (he is now deceased). The one black VP retired a few years ago. You will stay in the same position forever, train inexperienced, underqualified, and unethical people who will be promoted above your head while you stay in place, and be thwarted at every turn for personal advancement. You will be given the work of 2-3 people and be expected to complete all of it with no relief and no additional compensation. Nothing meaningful is being done to root out the sexism and racism in this company. They are talking about culture shaping, but that has had no impact in NY. After 20 years, I am so tired of this. I get excellent reviews each quarter, but I am held back. This is the case with all of the minorities in my department, not just black women, but all races, even white women. White women have the best chance for promotion, but all women experience discrimination here. Then, all of the small tokens of appreciation have been taken away from us. We "celebrate" customer appreciation week by getting thank you emails. In the past, we received gifts. When you work hard to exceed standards, instead of the monthly small bonus we used to receive, we now receive a CHANCE to win something. So your hard work will more than likely be unrewarded when it comes to these quarterly drawings. At least we have profit sharing on a quarterly basis, but I would rather have a fair chance for promotion to earn more money for my family. I'm so tired of people thinking I have a good job when I can barely afford the increases in my utilities because we have to work from home so the COMPANY can save money (let alone rent, food, etc.) We pay more for our health insurance than our customers. They have better plans than we do. We are the guinea pigs for their health coverage. Plus, we don't get the money-saving HMO anymore. Now, I have years worth of coinsurance and get bills from collections agencies because I cannot afford to pay for them. The pension plan was frozen, so mine is only earning interest, but there is a 401(k) plan with some matching. Vacation is earned with a maximum of 20 days. If you have 20 days in your vacation bank, you will not earn more until you use time. The dental plan is a joke and barely covers expenses. The vision plan is ok. They do help with educational expenses. They also reimburse you for health club expenses and your phone bill if you work from home. This is a good company for a woman who has a husband earns a lot of money. If you are a white woman, you will have a better chance to advance if you try to get along with the managers and directors."
N/A, Operations
Would you recommend Anthem, Inc. to other women?
"Only if you are white. Otherwise, run!"