Information We Collect and Opting Out of Automatic Collection
We collect the following information that you submit to us voluntarily:
• Our Member registration process to create an Account requires you to provide us with your e-mail address and a username and password of your choice. Furthermore, you have to provide certain information about your current or former work history in order to become a Member.
• In connection with employer reviews, work history information, and other content you may contribute, Fairygodboss (and/or its third party service providers) will collect a wide variety of employee- and salary-related information on a voluntary basis. Please be aware that while some pieces of information that you provide to us would not be sufficient to identify you when seen by another User without any context, the combination of different pieces of information that you have provided for viewing by other Users, or any contextual information, may allow other Users to identify you.
• As you use the Services, certain information may also be collected passively, including your Internet protocol (IP) address and the browser that you use to visit the Site. Fairygodboss may also use "cookies," “pixel tags” and other tracking technologies, to enable functionality on our websites, as well as a variety of other ways to enhance or personalize your online browsing. Fairygodboss may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) for a variety of tasks, for instance, to store your login information (if any) and your personal preferences for the Services. Pixel tags in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. These technologies may also be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, other actions you take in connection with the sites and our online ads.
• We also work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications.
• You have the option to set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to access your account information and certain parts of the Services may not function as effectively or at all.
• Please note that even if you opt-out, ad tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
• We may combine the information we collect through these various technologies with other information we have collected from and about you and use it as described in this policy.
Information Collected from Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from outside the Sites, for instance, from third parties that provide services for us that are related to the Services. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services.
Use of Information We Collect
We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with announcements, notifications related to your use of the Services and other communications such as electronic newsletters, promotional e-mails or similar messaging.
We may create anonymized information from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymized information for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance the Services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose such anonymized information at our discretion.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers and suppliers who work on behalf of or with us to provide you with some of the services and features of the Services and to help us communicate with our Users, for instance, to get User feedback or conduct services. However, these service providers and suppliers do not have any independent right to use this information except to help us provide the Services.
In the event Fairygodboss goes through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, including pursuant to bankruptcy, you acknowledge that your Personal Information may be among the assets transferred.
We may (and you authorize us to) disclose or retain, for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish the below, information we have collected from and about you (including Personal Information) if we believe in good faith that such disclosure or retention is necessary to:
(a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to valid subpoenas or warrants served on us or to other government requests;
(c) to protect and defend the rights or property of us, the users of our Services, or third parties.
Choices Regarding Personal Information
You may change your Personal Information (e.g. password and/or username) by logging into the service and editing your account information from within the Settings area of your profile.
We may provide you with the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your Personal Information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
We may send newsletters, promotional communications or other similar messaging to our users on our behalf and on behalf of our partners. You may opt-out of receiving such messaging by following the instructions included in each message. We may also offer you an opportunity to opt-out of certain communications by logging into the service and editing your account information from within Settings.
We may send you service-related announcements when we believe it is necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these announcements, which are not primarily promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive these announcements, you have the option to deactivate your Account.
We may notify you when your Personal Information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
You may terminate your account by discontinuing your use of the Sites and providing us with a notice of termination by email to info@Fairygodboss.com. After we receive this notice we will delete your account within a commercially reasonable amount of time, however, we reserve the right not to delete your Account and to retain your Account, including any Personal Information therein, to establish or defend a legal claim, pursuant to a government order or for other purposes permitted by law. Any termination of your account may involve deletion of your Account information from our live databases and all the information and data stored for such Account in the Services. Fairygodboss will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your account or related deletion of you information.
If and when we delete Personal Information that we have collected from or about you, it will be deleted from our active databases but may remain in our archives unless otherwise required by law.
Links to Other Web Sites
Privacy of Minors and Children
We do not intentionally collect or maintain information in the Services from those visitors and Users of the Services who are under 18 years old. Pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under thirteen (13). In fact, our website is not intended for children under thirteen (13) or to solicit information of any kind from children under thirteen (13).
However, it is possible that we may inadvertently receive information pertaining to children under thirteen (13). If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen (13) we will delete the information from our records. If you believe that we have received information about your child that is under the age of thirteen (13), please do not hesitate to notify us using the information below. When we receive your notification, we will delete such information permanently. Such notifications can be sent to: email@example.com
Fairygodboss has put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no company, including Fairygodboss, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. Your use of the Sites and Services is at your own risk.
One of the purposes of the Services is for Members to share employment-related information with other Users. Therefore, you should assume that any information that you post to the publicly available areas of the Sites will be made available to other Users of the Services and the public at large. We provide you the ability to anonymously post certain comments under a chosen username, in which case we will not include your contact information (i.e., email address) on the Sites in connection with such comments. However, our internal records may associate your contact information with such comments.
Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we may notify you here, by email, by means of a notice on our home page, or by another method we so choose.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Members of the Sites who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information that we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and provide contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to:
32 W 39th Street, 4th fl.
New York, NY 10018
ATTN: California Privacy Requests
Do Not Track
While many current browsers permit you to send a signal to us about your Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences, we do not respond to DNT signals sent from your browser.
Fairygodboss makes no claims that user content uploaded may be appropriately protected pursuant to privacy and data protection laws outside of the United States. Users from outside the United States, including the European Union, are advised that Fairygodboss stores personal information on servers within the United States, and they are further advised that personal information uploaded to the Sites may not be protected in accordance with their local laws and regulations. If you upload personal information to the Sites from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk. Fairygodboss is not responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction and makes no representations, warranties or guarantees that it complies with privacy, data protection or cyber security laws and regulations outside the United States.