3.7

Lady bookworm29

Senior HR Specialist

Human Resources

I worked at Aon for two years. In that time, I noticed a few different things about my department and other departments. HR was a great place to be a woman - very flexible, working from home, women in more senior roles. However, in other parts of the organization I know that we are the outliers. Other groups were not flexible about working from home, maternity leaves, etc. A new mom told me she had to pump at work and her manager brought it up in her review that she "wasn't at her desk enough" to ensure she was being productive. Ludicrous! I think I would advise women to be very careful. It's not the best environment and I don't see a lot of powerful women willing to mentor there.

I think it depends on your goals and the type of work environment you are interested in. Certain departments were very flexible and allowed working from home. Others demanded strict schedules and minimized out of office time.

Madam takenoprisoners

Managing Director

It is gender neutral

Lady mags

Corporate Systems

Aon as a whole has very generous benefits (except PTO) and salaries are okay. The biggest benefit to working there is work-life balance in most areas including the ability to work remotely and sometimes more flexible hours. It isn't necessarily a place that's great to grow your career but if you want something stable it is a great option. They also provide maternity leave after only 3 months of employment I think--a lot shorter of a waiting period than other places. Also have some other benefits that are great for families like discount admission to local museums, volunteer opportunities, and discounts to cultural events. There are a fair number of women in senior/management roles (I always had a female manager who was at least a director level) and an active women's group.