Associated Press

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Associated Press to join us.

Career Transitions Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great opportunity with flexible hours and working conditions. I loved woking there.

Have full-time employment opportunities

American Eagle Outfitters Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

American Eagle Outfitters employs a majority of women and has a very strong, friendly, family-oriented culture. They have high expections from every employer yet they motivate you to work hard and acheive your best results. They are very open-door and encourage ideas, collaboration a communication. My one wish is that their benefits were slightly better: They meet industry standards for insurance and PTO but their leave policies are only "ok". The company is great and I feel that their non-insurance benefits should meet that level.

8 weeks paid due to c-section. I didn't receive any push back on my total leave time. My supervisor's exact words were "take as much time as you want"

Daggerwing Group Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Only one week parental lead, most of the leaders are female, but single and don't encourage time off for family and kid issues

they also cover 4 weeks short term disability that you need to pay into.

ProBuild Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its is a boys club

AeroCare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company does offer a somewhat flexible schedule. Time off policies are very strict, you can be terminated as soon as your FMLA is up, and the insurance is expensive and doesn't cover much.

Diageo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible working a norm. Great support for women's careers

The Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As I said earlier, I've worked at this company for almost 10 years and there seem to be a fair amount of women working here but they are mostly in support roles. Promotions are VERY hard to come around in most departments and men still seem to rule on the third floor. It has become much more corporate than it used to be with many rules and less community.

Institute of International Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most people who work here are women, yet, like many companies, quite a bit of the leadership is men. However, I do feel respected and feel that my opinions are heard and taken into consideration. Maternity benefits are quite good and depend on length of service. After 1 year, you can take 3 weeks fully paid and 9 weeks at 60% pay, and this increases after two years to 6 weeks at 100% and 12 weeks at 60%. IIE keeps contributing to 401k (prorated) and insurance. 401k contribution is 7.5% starting after 1 year of service, and you're fully vested after that year. No need to match. Many people work on a 7 hour day, but telecommuting is not yet the norm and neither are flex schedules, so I am not sure how difficult it is to work here after having kids. Most people do seem to leave by 5 or 5:30, however, and there is no expectation that you stay late.

John Hancock Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Pretty decent.