Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Association for Talent Development to join us.

The Red Door Salon & Spa Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

August 2018

A great place to grow professionally and build a career.

Booz Allen Hamilton Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

June 2018

Great culture, people, and training opportunities. Salary and compensation is rather on the lower end despite the big brand name.

Capital One Financial Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

March 2018

Today is my 19 year anniversary with Capital One. I have seen it grow more and more every year. I am thankful for my benefits and the flexibility to work from home when needed. Capital one has amazing leave options for working mothers and a wonderful new and improved adoption assistance and support group. I am very proud to work for Capital One!

Yankee Candle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The same thing I shared in my previous statement. I think that speaks volumes.

What I did not know prior to working for Yankee Candle, which was not mentioned to me until my second week of employment is that they have a no room for discussion, 1 minute late policy. If you are more than one minute late three times you will lose your job. 1 MINUTE PEOPLE!!!! I worked at a location where I was about 20 years older than the rest of the staff who were all from the local College. The problem with this is you have 20 yr olds trying to manage an older mature person and it seems they aren't mentally capable of doing so no matter how grown they may seem. As a parent of 3 twenty-something year olds I feel my children are very mature, yet not one of them is mature enough to be a manager of an entire Yankee store. The other thing that angered me beyond belief is they hired people knowing they didn't have a car and relied on public transportation. Then when something goes wrong and the MTA train doesn't get there within that one minute late policy, they fire the people knowing full well they rely on public transportation whose timing is certainly beyond their control. My first week being employed there a 21 year old single mother was fired after she sprinted from the light rail running at full pace toward the store and the manager didn't like her and was watching from the window praying she would be late so she could fire her. She actually relished the idea which in my opinion is sickening. As a person who was a single mother for 15 years of my life I quit that day and will not reapply. This is a very sad situation as I love the company itself and all of their products. What's worse is the district manager is only about 4 years older than the store manager and they sat there and laughed about this girl getting fired. They planned this out the day prior knowing if she was late they were firing her. I heard their entire conversation. So the next day, after she got a babysitter, took the time to get ready & come in to work, they let her go right there on the spot. I've never seen such a thing in my life.

Management seems to want the younger, college aged employees front & center. Older people have put applications in just to have them stuck on the bottom of the pile. Also, anyone who isn't "in the clique w/ Mgmt." is quickly disregarded, their concerns go unheard & are definitely unheeded.

Dollar Tree Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

To be totally honest, I don't feel that the company is a bad company to work for, it is the people they hire and put into leadership roles. If I recommended anyone to work for the Dollar Tree, I would suggest that they applied to a store, and the particular store I worked for. The store manager pre-judged each applicant that came into the store, not based upon their qualifications, but based upon where they lived, what side of town they were from, how their was combed, how many children they had and sometimes their relationship status. I was actually one of the few that was offered a position, and I later found out that it was because of the state I came from. I felt that it was unfair, but continued to do my job as instructed. I feel like store manager discriminated against individuals, and mostly hired employees based upon her personal preference.

Wellesley Family Dental Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on the position you are working in there are different things to watch out for and be careful with. This includes salary, benefits, respect, discrimination.

All above aside from first choice. Also: treat patients equally even behind closed doors.

Milberg LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is an ok place to work for a few years, but maybe not forever

Southwest Florida Water Management District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

As a government agency, this is a great place to work if you're looking for work/life balance. The leave and medical benefits are very good. As a working mom, I'm able to balance working 40 hours a week and taking time off when I need or want to.

I was able to use accrued annual and sick leave for my maternity leave therefore I didn't have to go unpaid.

Minuteman Senior Sevices Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Managed by women for the most part. Human services. People are generally kind to each other and the management can be very flexible. However, there have been some astounding lapses in terms of individual issues so talk to the hiring manager about their philosophy. In general very female friendly.

Learn Now Online Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a male driven organization where no one is given the respect they deserve.