Barclays Bank PLC http://www.barclays.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Barclays Bank PLC?
techlady5 Anal, Human Resources

Depending on the department you may never move up the ladder.

anon2010

I decided to join Barclays rather than Goldman Sachs when my prospective manager told me "at Barclays, we don't do face-time". And for the past 6 years, this has been true. People are very respectful of family time and I never receive any e-mails from my management on weekends, even though I am a gighly compensated director. Everyone - and mostly men in fact- are encouraged to care for their children, including during unplanned sickness. And there is a great culture of collaboration and cross-training. I feel everyone makes sure to be patient and not expect immediate response, such that I know someone won't "take my seat" because I am at a school event / gym / doctor's apointment. Last, there are very few internal meetings, and we always to end on time; often time sooner.

Emp1

Great maternity pay, open to flexible hours, work from home and part time for work life balance.

26 leaves paid + 13 weeks SMP + 13 weeks unpaid + annual leave accrual
Lady anon1076 Business Analyst, Equities

I worked briefly at barclays after the LEH merger.

Lady anon782 AVP, Corporate Relations

Their maternity policy and pay (specifically, EMP) is really good. 6 months full pay - you get to bank your holidays so technically its 7 months full pay, then a further 3 months at half or so.

Fantastic maternity policy
Lady Rara

Lots of programs in place for gender equality especially at the junior levels. External targets for % of women in senior level positions. In Americas where I work, WIN network does a lot to bring together senior women in the organization but no P&L-driven senior women in ExCo (all infra). Sends tough message for ambitious front-office senior women.

Lady Mamaworking Risk

I am planning to take unpaid company leave (not considered maternity but is a continuation of my maternity leave) after my paid maternity leave is up. You have take up to one year unpaid as long as it's agreed with your manager but you are not guaranteed your jobs when you return. However, HR will work with you to find a position for you.

Madam WorkingLady09 Analyst, Investment Banking

There's a lot of focus around gender equality, and there are many programs set up to help advance women in finance. I personally never felt discriminated against as a woman in my group.

Madam irishfiregal Fraud Analyst, Fraud

I think it is a great company to work for. I think everyone is treated fairly whether or not you male or female,

Lady workinggirl76 Manager, Care

Occurrences are a HUGE deal with this company! Not family friendly at all!!! People have been told to pick between family and work. Compliance issues are huge too. This company wants robots and have a system designed to make you fail so you don't get paid incentive. If you get fired, don't think this company will stand behind you at all. They fight so people don't get unemployment benefits. If you have kids, and need to leave work, you'll be on the road to being fired. Many women work here, but there is a huge turnover rate.

Women Review Barclays Bank PLC for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Barclays Bank PLC by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 12 reviews Company Website techlady5 anon2010 Emp1 Lady anon1076 Lady anon782 Lady Rara Lady Mamaworking Madam WorkingLady09 Madam irishfiregal Lady workinggirl76