Duke Energy Corporation http://www.duke-energy.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Duke Energy Corporation?
anon2559 Land Analyst, Administrative

A very much old school workforce. Little recognition. Managers get irritated by changes in schedule due to sick kids.

Lady J Parts

Lots of female senior leadership (yay) but there's a huge gap below. Lots of unintentional bias--men are aggressive but women are abrasive, men are direct but women are demanding....that sort of thing is way too prevalent given the amount of women in the company and our female top leadership.

Madam Ovaries Plant Operator, Operations

Women are treated more fairly here than in construction, where I worked before this. My department is about 5% women. The pay and benefits are good, so you can have a stay-at-home husband to support you. During outages, we can work 6 days a week for 12 hours, but usually we work 3-4 shifts a week of 12.5 hours. There is a strict hierarchical work culture. My coworkers will attack any perceived weaknesses. Fitting into the safety gear is the hardest part: everything is made for men, and they don't like whiners. Expect the room to go silent whenever you enter for at least the first year. If you think you might fit in well in the military, you may fit in here after they get used to you.

This is a good place to work if you have a stay-at-home husband or plan to stay single.

Women Review Duke Energy Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Duke Energy Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 3 reviews Company Website anon2559 Lady J Parts Madam Ovaries