EnerNOC, Inc. http://www.enernoc.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about EnerNOC, Inc.?
Lady gigglesfh88

There's a large emphasis on women and their careers within company culture. Just this year, the maternity and paternity leave have been increased. There's ongoing executive level support of women advancing, although our C suite only consists of one woman. I think we're on the track to positive change and it will come. There are quite a number of women in senior level roles, it's just about getting to the next level.

Lady Luck11 Intern, Operations

Not a bad company to work for; very interesting business model.

Lady Tinker

Woman are treated fairly overall, but the company still has a male-dominant management. Women find it difficult to advance past mid-level roles, unless they adopt a very male approach. The company is actively "working on this" with a woman's group, but there is little change that has come from that over the past couple years.

The company is trying to make change but struggling to find the right individuals to do so
Lady Fromage Senior Manager, Operations

Women are generally treated fairly at EnerNOC, and drastically increased in numbers during my 7-year tenure. However, senior management is 98% male, and I have seen many examples of sexism, some rather blatant. I was part of "Women at EnerNOC", an attempt to increase the number of women in the ranks, but I often felt like it was looked on with some amusement by the senior team. Benefits are pretty standard, and I have seen several women go out on maternity leave, but change is so frequent here that 1 woman came back and had a new boss, job and team after her leave. I had a great 5 years here, made some wonderful connections and friends and loved my job, and then a very bad 2 years, and ultimately left earlier this year. There is a lot of restructuring going on. By the time I left, I felt like I wasn't appreciated in any way for my management skills (which tend to be more towards empathy and human psychology), and that I wasn't competent in the workplace. I would point the finger at myself except I know the company made others feel that way as well. I wish them all the best, and as I said, I had an amazing 5 years here, but I am happy that I left.

It could be a better environment for women, especially with regards to promotions to senior level.
Lady queuereview Project Manager, Field Operations

EnerNOC has an old boys' club vibe. There are great entry level men and supportive male managers but the executive leadership advances men to the highest positions, which is a worrisome trend for leadership and for the prospects for women at the company. Unless the highest level of EnerNOC views the limited opportunities for women to be a problem, it is unlikely that this will change. If you are considering EnerNOC, I would recommend explicitly inquiring about the actions that they are taking to make opportunity open to women at their company, why there are no women executives, and what the environment is like for women. There are some great women at EnerNOC who are attempting to change the opportunities for women at the company so maybe they have moved things along since I left. Ask to be connected with an upper management level mentor (likely male) to make connections early on and improve prospects for advancement in the future.

Women Review EnerNOC, Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of EnerNOC, Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.4 stars, based on 5 reviews Company Website Lady gigglesfh88 Lady Luck11 Lady Tinker Lady Fromage Lady queuereview