4.3

Director

Analytics

The top-down cultural messaging in my department supports a true work-life balance. I feel there is a level of trust implicit in that support; if you work hard and are productive, you are empowered to work from home, work different hours, or have an alternative schedule (within reason) as long as your work gets done and is of high quality.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

It varies by department; my department is strong but I have heard that others are weaker. This logic applies to all of my prior questions; I believe one's experience varies significantly by department.

Part of this was short-term disability, part was my vacation and sick leave. Paternity leave = 1 week (as far as I know).

• Family Friendly Aspects?

pfgal

Senior Director

The work environment at Fitch is very positive. It is the most pleasant place I have ever worked over my 25 year career. People here are smart, friendly and supportive. You will not have to choose between your family and your career here.

I work in the Public Finance Department and it is very flexible and family-friendly. Work from home arrangements, formal (1 day per week, etc.) and ad hoc, are commonplace. Even the most senior people have regular work from home arrangements. When one of my children was ill, I was offered additional flexibility, which I greatly appreciated.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

NYClady19

Its a good company that cares about its employees but still very old world in a lot of ways. They need to be better about flexible working and they need to improve their maternity leave benefits to at least 12 weeks paid, 16 would be even better.

There are still a number of managers that do not support recurring flexibility like working from home.

Our maternity leave benefits are not where they should be...my previous companies in the US provided between 12-16 weeks.

Lady WorkingDiva

Fitch has great benefits and most departments have flexible work arrangements as needed to balance work and family life. Advancement can be challenging and again depends on the department that you are in and/or if you hold a revenue generating position.