GameStop Corp. http://www.gamestop.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about GameStop Corp.?
anon1473 Center Store Leader

Even though this is a male dominated industry, GameStop is making the presence of females more of a priority. This is because the culture of the company is changing to encompass a wider demographic and the stores are moving away from the 'nerdy gamer' client to the 'everyone plays' guest base. There are many subculture groups the company has as well. There is an annual women's leadership conference where all the keyholders and up get together to talk about how to develop a larger leadership presence in the company.

Lady VideoGameArtist Senior Game Advisor, Retail Sales

I worked in a district which had more female employees than other districts, many in management position. GameStop treats all its employees harshly and the lowest pay possible. I started at minimum wage ($5.50), got promoted ($7.50) and worked my way up to earn one of the highest pay rates for a person in my position ($10.50) and was told I would be demoted back to minimum wage if I wanted to step down to focus on school. Minimum wage which by then had been increased to $7.25 basically taking away every single raise I had earned. I suspect any employee seeking maternity leave would probably just stop being put on the schedule so they can't say they were fired but at the same time they aren't earning any money.

Each store will have a different experience depending on the employees. Most employees are male.
Ryza Girl Sales Associate, Sales

If you try to report harassment to a male supervisor - and your supervisor will be a guy- they get really uncomfortable or angry with you. I was being followed around by a stranger for most of my shift once and I kept being told that I wasn't supposed to be hanging out with friends when I'm working. That stranger even waited until I left and followed me to my car.

Lady Gamer Store Manager

I have worked here for 5 years. While trying to combat sexism GameStop makes it worse. There is a quota on how much diversity you HAVE to have. Which causes tension with non diverse employee who state you just got the job because you are a female or an etnicity which I'm some cases is true. They don't encourage hiring the best person for the job. It also is flipped around as well. I'm a woman store manager and I wanted to promote one of my BEST game advisors I have to a part time management position which is the next step up from her current position. I was denied the ability to promote her because "I have too many female managers". I went to HR because this has been going on for 6 months. HR has done nothing and let this district manager get away with something that's illegal and denied a hard working person more money and hours because she us a woman. IF YOU WANT A CAREER DON'T WORK HERE.

Women Review GameStop Corp. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of GameStop Corp. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2 stars, based on 4 reviews Company Website anon1473 Lady VideoGameArtist Ryza Girl Lady Gamer