Employee reviews at Gamestop
"if you are not full time and have not been here more than a year then you will no be covered for paid maternity leave. "
One thing Gamestop can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"

Want to

"Dont. It's a boys club most of the way up the management chain. Everything is about the "optics" and not making things better. Total cluster tech-wise."
Engineering
"They are sticklers for rules. They want to see you in the office by 9am, at the latest, or they assume you are lazy (they don't trust that anyone actually works if they are working from home). Even though there are plenty of white collar workers in the company, the number of store employees far outweighs the white collars. As a result, non-store employees are subject to store employee rules: Ex: you are working if the stores are open for business, you get almost no benefits until you've been there 60 days."

Want to

"I have worked here for 5 years. While trying to combat sexism GameStop makes it worse. There is a quota on how much diversity you HAVE to have. Which causes tension with non diverse employee who state you just got the job because you are a female or an etnicity which I'm some cases is true. They don't encourage hiring the best person for the job. It also is flipped around as well. I'm a woman store manager and I wanted to promote one of my BEST game advisors I have to a part time management position which is the next step up from her current position. I was denied the ability to promote her because "I have too many female managers". I went to HR because this has been going on for 6 months. HR has done nothing and let this district manager get away with something that's illegal and denied a hard working person more money and hours because she us a woman. IF YOU WANT A CAREER DON'T WORK HERE."

Want to

"If you try to report harassment to a male supervisor - and your supervisor will be a guy- they get really uncomfortable or angry with you. I was being followed around by a stranger for most of my shift once and I kept being told that I wasn't supposed to be hanging out with friends when I'm working. That stranger even waited until I left and followed me to my car."

Want to

"I worked in a district which had more female employees than other districts, many in management position. GameStop treats all its employees harshly and the lowest pay possible. I started at minimum wage ($5.50), got promoted ($7.50) and worked my way up to earn one of the highest pay rates for a person in my position ($10.50) and was told I would be demoted back to minimum wage if I wanted to step down to focus on school. Minimum wage which by then had been increased to $7.25 basically taking away every single raise I had earned. I suspect any employee seeking maternity leave would probably just stop being put on the schedule so they can't say they were fired but at the same time they aren't earning any money."

Want to

"Even though this is a male dominated industry, GameStop is making the presence of females more of a priority. This is because the culture of the company is changing to encompass a wider demographic and the stores are moving away from the 'nerdy gamer' client to the 'everyone plays' guest base. There are many subculture groups the company has as well. There is an annual women's leadership conference where all the keyholders and up get together to talk about how to develop a larger leadership presence in the company. "
One thing Gamestop can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"

Want to

"I'd say, be prepared for what you think is going to happen. Men are going to hit on you because you're a chick in games, they're going to expect you to know nothing. But it's okay, because your coworkers know you're more than capable, and they wouldn't have hired you if you weren't. "
One thing Gamestop can improve?
"Not much; it's a great place to work"
"GameStop is very flexible in that the market is all about change, especially when something doesn't benefit the company as a whole."
Culture, Hours

Want to

"Be ready to deal with the customers. You would be hired by this corporation for a good reason, and you have to be firm with customers who seem to think you're not good enough because you're a woman."
Culture, Hours