Goldman Sachs http://www.goldmansachs.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Goldman Sachs?

There are a lot of employee-friendly and family-friendly policies on the books. Your manager plays a big role in what type of flexibility you can achieve--policies are in place but often don't apply equally to everyone (example: you can work from home but occasionally and generally only with a rationale such as illness or some other extenuating circumstance. It's the exception and not the norm in most cases--but gets easier the more senior a person is).

Request for unpaid leave was not granted; suggested to come back part-time immediately after paid leave, as a best-case scenario
Those without family commitments will find it easier to be successful
GS-Temp

Great company, beautiful office, awesome company culture. Good work-life balance.

fairygodboss25

There are a fair amount of women in analyst, associate, and vice president levels. However, once you try to get to the MD level, women are not as visible. This is likely due to the high demands and limited flexibility for home/work balance. So either women do not try to get promoted, or leave before it happens.

16 weeks paid leave
anon1469 Intern, Operations

Some of the departments are very fratty and male dominated.

Depends on the division
Momtwotwo

Good maternity Leave 16 weeks paid

Good maternity leave
LadyVP

The company has carefully checked all the boxes from a policy and facility standpoint. I got 16 weeks paid leave and pumping facilities in the office. While I took the full 16 weeks, I noticed many people worked through mat leave and/or came back early.

If you value your work above all else, this is the place for you.
westcoastwoman Associate

There are not enough women at the top, but there are lots of women in the middle and the firm is working hard to get more women at the top.

Lady SLW VP, Operations

extremely difficult to juggle work life balance.

Lady InTech Associate, Technology

Technology department treats women really well and does whatever they can to hire and retain them. I've been very happy here and have never had an issue if I had to leave early to pick up my children and I am allowed to work from home whenever necessary.

Lady Executive Associate, Human Capital Management

I'm new to the company, but have had a solid experience so far from the perspective of being a woman in the organization. I don't feel that I'm treated any differently based on my gender. The firm is focused on advancing the careers of women within the firm. That said, I think the financial services industry at large still has a ways to go before equality is reached. There are still very few women in executive roles across the industry.

Women Review Goldman Sachs for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Goldman Sachs by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 22 reviews Company Website GS-Temp fairygodboss25 anon1469 Momtwotwo LadyVP westcoastwoman Lady SLW Lady InTech Lady Executive