Goodby Silverstein & Partners

goodbysilverstein.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Goodby Silverstein & Partners to join us.

Allied Wealth Partners Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible hours for becoming a financial advisor and great training program to getting licensed with Series 7 and 66.

Merkle Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They value the smarts... doesn't matter if it comes from men or women. However, it's pretty white male dominated at the top thought the CEO has been taking steps to change it recently

ABCD

CAMBA, Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Improve Management Training. Train newly hired managers on how NOT to treat older employees. Just because people are young, doesn't mean they know it al

Milberg LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is an ok place to work for a few years, but maybe not forever

Altice Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Cutting all corners to meet budget needs... including things that matter most to employees.

Pocket Hercules Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It was a complete and total boys club. As a new employee, I was made into a joke not only for my skill level but for my appearance. My male counterpart on the same skill level was invited to all of the important meetings, given the "real" client work, and treated with much more respect because he was "one of the guys." I Other women in the company felt and experienced the same things I did, but since it was a very small agency the "HR" was the very people causing the problems. I have confirmation from several other employees that my male boss passed me over for work, made rude comments on my appearance and ability, and treated me with very little respect because I am female. The bosses talked about their past drug use and very intimate and violating details about their wives in open air. The fact that women were treated unfairly at Pocket Hercules was almost palpable. I would never recommend working here to any woman.

Stop leaving women out of the conversation. We aren't invited to social outings with clients that we should be, we aren't invited to meetings that we should be, and we aren't given equal amounts/types of work.

ISGN Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Limited job options, low pay, the company is extremely mismanaged - they do not have a set guide of procedures in place and change the rules every other day. Despite this, you'll receive a reprimand for following the old rules before you've learned of the newest change. They value time over quality, at the expense of the client. The training and explanations of procedures are severely lacking. Due to these reasons, employees are constantly contradicting each other. I'm also forced to remain in one of the lowest positions due to lack of opportunity, even though I've worked professionally for 15 years, have previously owned my own company, and have more experience than most of the men in charge. However, my location is limited in job opportunities. In addition, I believe this company is extremely unethical in their business dealings and it's extremely bothersome to now have a lack of opportunity that would allow me to work for a company and in a position that I would not only enjoy, but would thrive and again have pride in my work.

Seed Savers Exchange Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for 4 years and moved between roles - all of the moves lateral in terms of autonomy although they involved increased responsibility and higher pay grades. A male coworker hired at the same time went from a similar pay/status level in the organization to running an entire department in 2 years after his female manager left. In my time there the management team went from having about a 50/50 ratio of men and women to just 2 women and 7 men, despite the employee base leaning much more heavily towards women. When women tended to leave jobs, men were promoted into their roles from within. However, when men left management positions, other men were hired from outside the organization to fill the roles. Rather than train female employees in tractor driving, they often looked to hire new male employees. Male field crew workers make comments about a woman's ability to work and managers are sometimes dismissive of complaints about "joking behavior." In my time there I knew of only one female employee who took maternity leave and returned from it - others simply quit their jobs when they got pregnant or went on leave.

Illumina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for 3 1/2 years and I would say that the engineering department at Illumina is doing a fair job in hiring more women. However pushing for better work life balance for women with families is something that the department or company does not value. The expectation is that you will work 50+ hours a week and they overload you with work so that you look like you are underperforming if you work 40 hours. Working in operations is the most difficult as you are asked to work on weekend and over holidays as production never stops even though the rest of the company is on "holiday".

Department of Social Health Services, Washington State Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

First, there is no paid maternity leave. You have to use your own saved sick and/or vacation leave in order to get a pay check. Additionally, maternity leave does not qualify as a condition for shared leave (where other employees can donate their leave to you when you run out of leave). When asked for accommodation to work in an alternate location due to being 39 weeks pregnant and not working in a hazard environment, it was denied. There was/is no pumping room available. Rumor has it that now a manager is pregnant, there is more talk of nursing rooms. Employer tends to cite "no budget" as reasons for these issues.