Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Harman Kardon to join us.

Molina Healthcare Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

No room for growth or promotion opportunities available at this employer

Choice Home Health Care Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is ok if you put your brain to bed and act like a robot.

Not very understanding if something happened and the employee has not been taught how to do the procedure.

JumpStart Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a good place to work and everyone here is kind.

Lurie Children's Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

treat you well and are very flexible with work hours

Texas A&M University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer promotes equality and diversity within the workplace setting.

Duke Ellington School of the Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Has the means to support mothers with flexibe scheduling, but doesn't have the means to pay adequately enough to support raising a family in DC.

ECC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 3 years, but only in one group. Management is male-dominated. In fact, I am not aware of any current female managers anywhere in the company. Our only female manager on my high-target group, a feisty go-getter, was forced to leave for asinine reasons. In general, women are judgement mush more harshly, and are encouraged to not make waves. I am confident that our project manager fears or even despises women. Lastly, mostly due to the nature of construction projects, networking 'with the boys' after a long day at the office is difficult.

Social Science Research Council Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for five years. There are plenty of women on staff at every level, and the work/life balance is phenomenal. But, there is little room for advancement and maternity leave could be more generous considering this is a quasi-academic, lefty institution. The network of networks that we pride ourselves on nurturing strives for diversity, but I've been in plenty of rooms with only old white men in a place of power.

Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

Acquia Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here almost 4 years. The people are nice. The sexism is rampant, but insidiously covert. There's a lot of talk about doing more to fix the huge imbalance, but it depends a lot on the manager. (ex. In one department, they went years with only one woman at a time, both of whom were fired for mistakes much less egregious than their male peers. They finally promoted the right guy, and their team has picked up three awesome women in six months.) It is very difficult to advance as a woman. You have to do the job first, then ask for it repeatedly to get the promotion/money that equates to the work you're doing. You basically have to be a hardass or the men in the technical roles pretend they didn't hear you. You won't get anywhere in this company being meek or waiting to be noticed. You also have far fewer options if you're not based in HQ in Boston. There's a very "out of sight, out of mind" attitude toward everyone else (even in large regional offices), and that's doubly true for women. WOC? Forget it. There's a few in the entire company of 700+ employees globally. I can only think of ONE who is in management at any level. Whitest company I've ever worked at.