Fellow

Healthcare

Flexibility and experience while working there really varies by department and associated leadership

They do not offer directly paid maternity leave. I did 8 weeks of disability for 2/3 pay and then used unpaid FMLA for rest

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

The corporate marketing environment is very supportive of family life. Employees who have children can set up their schedules to accommodate school and daycare drop offs and pick ups. Standard hours are 9 to 5, but employees have flexibility to adjust this as needed. Working from home is infrequent and situational, but the organization is working toward standardizing a more flexible policy. My understanding is that maternity leave benefits are minimal -- short-term disability for 6 weeks and then PTO. I'm not familiar with the pay percentage earned during this time. Leadership champions strategic planning, measurement and the ability to influence others. The department has tripled in size under the VP who was recruited 5 years ago. She has built new teams around market research, digital, and creative services. The cross-functional nature of the work and collaboration are fulfilling. However, work moves slowly, which stems from an organizational culture of group decision making. My biggest sense of dissatisfaction comes from the fact that the team is capable yet not as smart as some A-list environments.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes: