Employee reviews at Houston Methodist
4.5

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"Flexibility and experience while working there really varies by department and associated leadership"
One thing Houston Methodist can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Culture, Hours
8 Weeks Paid | 4 Weeks Unpaid
"They do not offer directly paid maternity leave. I did 8 weeks of disability for 2/3 pay and then used unpaid FMLA for rest"
Would you recommend Houston Methodist to other women?

Want to

"The corporate marketing environment is very supportive of family life. Employees who have children can set up their schedules to accommodate school and daycare drop offs and pick ups. Standard hours are 9 to 5, but employees have flexibility to adjust this as needed. Working from home is infrequent and situational, but the organization is working toward standardizing a more flexible policy. My understanding is that maternity leave benefits are minimal -- short-term disability for 6 weeks and then PTO. I'm not familiar with the pay percentage earned during this time. Leadership champions strategic planning, measurement and the ability to influence others. The department has tripled in size under the VP who was recruited 5 years ago. She has built new teams around market research, digital, and creative services. The cross-functional nature of the work and collaboration are fulfilling. However, work moves slowly, which stems from an organizational culture of group decision making. My biggest sense of dissatisfaction comes from the fact that the team is capable yet not as smart as some A-list environments."
One thing Houston Methodist can improve?
Manager, Marketing
Policies, Culture, Hours
Would you recommend Houston Methodist to other women?

Want to