LadyNibbler

Do your research and ask for more money. Becareful on offer-ambushes when you are a contractor and they want to convert you to full time at less then your salary. Know your worth.

gibsongrrrl Operations Supervisor, Operations

Culture and policies for women are good and improving. I have been promoted several times in my 24 year career while raising a family. Culture is super supportive of women and women's issues. However, the preponderance of leaders are still male.

LoveMyKids

HP has a supportive and flexible work environment, but the total number of work hours tend to be long. I really enjoy my co-workers - it's a great team enviroment.

It was a long time ago - part of my leave was fully paid and part was partial. I took 4 months for each of 2 children

• 5

I get to work from home and set my schedule around personal commitments.
anon2957 Chief Of Staff To The President, Operations

Great place to grow your career and balance your life priorities. Great place to innovate and be your self. Great focus on diverstiy and inclusion with business in 160 countries around the world.

Female Voice

It can be flexible if you make it that way, but you can get sucked into longer hours if you are not protective of your time.

Blackberry

My employer gves me the possibility and freedom to work as flexible as necessary to compare work and life at best.

the paid + unpaid weeks have to be doubled (as I was twice on maternity leave)
AnonMom Product Marketing Manager

Though the company is dominantly male in some departments, I've had no issues with discrimination. I work with an international team, so the early morning and late night calls can be tough for moms. But I also have the flexibility to leave early or go in late because I don't have a traditional 9-5. I wish the maternity leave was a little more progressive, but it is improving. The nursing rooms aren't so convenient, but my admin was nice enough to put a lock on one of our team rooms so I can easily get away to pump. In general, my management team is very supportive and there are lots of opportunities at HP. My only complaint is that it's hard to get big salary increases without leaving the company and coming back. Bonuses are very dependent on the company's and your team's financial performance - I've gotten as low as 5% of my salary and as much as 25%.

I took 8 weeks of maternity leave + 2 weeks of vacation. I believe the policy has since increased to 10 weeks of paid plus whatever vacation time you may have.
Lady Lucky4523# Software Inside Sales, HP Software

A sweat shop

Lady LandDlady

Many women work in the HR side of things. Where I work, there are a lot of women in leadership. But it is very much the status quo here. There is no flexibility to work from home. Women only get FMLA with no additional leave and the process is a pain from what I've heard. My location has a nursing mother's room, but for a building of over 2,000 I had a hard time actually using it. I ended up pumping in a focus room. It's not a family friendly company even though they try to appear more progressive like other tech companies.

It depends on your needs in a company. Working mothers have little flexibility.
Wonder Girl

Like many jobs in the tech industry, it's male dominated. Having been pregnant twice while working here, I was the butt of many pregnancy jokes ("Not AGAIN!? You know how that happens, right?", etc) but HP does offer 2 weeks of paid parental leave (for mother OR father) as well as 6 weeks at a % of base salary. The other women I worked with were mostly smart, nice, and hard working. There seemed to be a culture of women helping women BUT it's definitely an old boy's club. Many sales roles require frequent travel which just didn't work for me as a mother of young children. I COULD leave my kids for 4 days at a time for sales conferences, meetings, etc, but I just didn't want to.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review HP Inc. for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of HP Inc. by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.5 stars, based on 69 reviews Company Website LadyNibbler gibsongrrrl LoveMyKids anon2957 Female Voice Blackberry AnonMom Lady Lucky4523# Lady LandDlady Wonder Girl