Huron Consulting Group

JaneDoe13

Analyst

Huron is a pretty good place for women. Depending on the area, there are tons and tons of female managers and role models, and a fair amount of female directors. Sadly senior leadership is majority male, of course. But the more surprising thing is that even within Higher Education, the attitude varies widely. While I wouldn't call it overtly sexist, the environment in the Strategy group was less collaborative, respectful, and merit oriented then the Research services group. I've heard similar things about the Tech group. Overall -- my experience has been positive and in my time with the company at the entry level I haven't felt as much sexism as I did in undergraduate business school, which I consider improvement.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Depends on the functional area and service line. I don't know much about healthcare but the Analytics group is quite male oriented... Within Higher Ed I've had a more positive experience with the Research subgroup than the Strategy and Ops one.

Director

I work with amazing people and amazing women. The culture is very strong and people genuinely care about each other. As consultants, travel is part of the job and that comes with inherent challenges for balancing work/family. Other than the travel, I feel the company is highly supportive of it's people and families.

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Non-primary parents only get two weeks, which is unfortunate.

Madam consultant

I've taken multiple maternity leaves here and the benefits have improved each time. I've been treated fairly and given great assignments when I return. Really, it's been up to me to determine how fast I want my career to advance. My only complaint from an equity perspective is that our executive team is all white and all male and that is disappointing.

all in Girl

The Culture is amazing! Not the media blitz, but the way that all the leaders, men and women alike respect each other. There is seemingly no barriers between the two. After having worked in less women friendly environments, Huron has made all the difference in my success.

Cubbie Girl

Director

N/A

• Recent Bonus (USD)

Women Review Huron Consulting Group for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Huron Consulting Group by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 5 reviews Company Website JaneDoe13 Madam consultant all in Girl Cubbie Girl