John Hancock www.johnhancock.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about John Hancock?
GailTheSnail

I only was employed there for little over a year, so I'm not sure where exactly the deficit lies in terms of hiring/promoting women, but as with many financial institutions I'm sure, the top people seem to be men across the board many times and there is a definite "boys club" attitude I've noticed at times and have heard some pretty tacky sexist jokes coming from such people in a seemingly casual/normalized manner. They do have a great women's network internally and they do a lot in the community and join national women's events etc... I believe there are many opportunities for women here despite what I mentioned before, and it does look like they are trying pretty hard to get better in that sense from what I've seen... You just might have to overlook a few things if you notice what I did. In terms of maternity leave, I don't know as I did not need to take advantage of such a benefit. They seem to be stressing the "work/life balance" thing just like every other big company says they do, but I'm not sure how true that is really.

It depends on what they are looking for. I wouldn't advise against it from a female perspective necessarily, but I also don't see a reason to go out of my way to highly suggest it from the same standpoint. There's a "Boys Club" attitude I've noticed, but they also have a (seemingly) great women's group/committee/network type thing that even keeps up with national events and attends them etc... They also have a LGBTQ one which is nice.
I would go back for the right position, but I'm not looking very hard to go back because of my personal experience with specific employees I worked alongside, and some from above me.
Lady Mwilliams88

Pretty decent.

Women Review John Hancock for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of John Hancock by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 2 reviews Company Website GailTheSnail Lady Mwilliams88