Employee reviews at John Hancock
default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"I only was employed there for little over a year, so I'm not sure where exactly the deficit lies in terms of hiring/promoting women, but as with many financial institutions I'm sure, the top people seem to be men across the board many times and there is a definite "boys club" attitude I've noticed at times and have heard some pretty tacky sexist jokes coming from such people in a seemingly casual/normalized manner. They do have a great women's network internally and they do a lot in the community and join national women's events etc... I believe there are many opportunities for women here despite what I mentioned before, and it does look like they are trying pretty hard to get better in that sense from what I've seen... You just might have to overlook a few things if you notice what I did. In terms of maternity leave, I don't know as I did not need to take advantage of such a benefit. They seem to be stressing the "work/life balance" thing just like every other big company says they do, but I'm not sure how true that is really. "
One thing John Hancock can improve?
"Other"
Analyst, Operations
Would you recommend John Hancock to other women?
"Maybe"

Want to

"Pretty decent."
None, None
Would you recommend John Hancock to other women?

Want to