John Hancock

"I only was employed there for little over a year, so I'm not sure where exactly the deficit lies in terms of hiring/promoting women, but as with many financial institutions I'm sure, the top people seem to be men across the board many times and there is a definite "boys club" attitude I've noticed at times and have heard some pretty tacky sexist jokes coming from such people in a seemingly casual/normalized manner. They do have a great women's network internally and they do a lot in the community and join national women's events etc... I believe there are many opportunities for women here despite what I mentioned before, and it does look like they are trying pretty hard to get better in that sense from what I've seen... You just might have to overlook a few things if you notice what I did. In terms of maternity leave, I don't know as I did not need to take advantage of such a benefit. They seem to be stressing the "work/life balance" thing just like every other big company says they do, but I'm not sure how true that is really. "
One thing John Hancock can improve?
"I would go back for the right position, but I'm not looking very hard to go back because of my personal experience with specific employees I worked alongside, and some from above me. "
Would you recommend John Hancock to other women?
"It depends on what they are looking for. I wouldn't advise against it from a female perspective necessarily, but I also don't see a reason to go out of my way to highly suggest it from the same standpoint. There's a "Boys Club" attitude I've noticed, but they also have a (seemingly) great women's group/committee/network type thing that even keeps up with national events and attends them etc... They also have a LGBTQ one which is nice."
"Pretty decent."
Would you recommend John Hancock to other women?