Florist

Floral

I worked here for six months (at two different stores, to be fair) and had to quit. The job as a florist was rather enjoyable, not too many rude customers and coworkers were respectful. Management was abysmal. I scheduled an OB-GYN appointment and requested the day off, a month in advance, only putting "doctor appointment" for the reason. My manager told me I couldn't have the day off, because someone who worked there longer could need it off. (not kidding, verbatim) I told her I really needed to go see a doctor and she kept asking "why,why,why" so I told her it was a minor surgical procedure with my OB-GYN. she said to ask the store manager. The store manager (who was male) absolutely insisted on knowing exactly what procedure I was having done(imagine explaining to a male boss that you need an IUD removed) and then tried to schedule me around it. Since I wasn't sure if I needed to be dilated again to take it out, I told him I needed the full day off. The second time (at a different store) I had requested christmas week off to go visit my family. I requested time off TWO months this time, just to be sure. Less than a week before I was supposed to leave, the store manager told me I couldn't have the time off. I explained I had already purchased the bus ticket and had requested the time off two months ago. She told me I couldn't go and shrugged when I told her about the ticket. I put in my two weeks notice the same day. It wasn't a bad company to work for If you don't plan on having a social life or seeing a doctor for 5 years until you make it to seniority in the Union.

It was nearly Impossible for me to schedule and keep OB-GYN appointments. Several managers insisted on knowing what I was seeing the doctor for (even if the day was requested off months in advance) And then tried to make me work within an hour of the appointment. It is impossible to schedule any time off because of the union.

Lady mkm2015

Bakery

I've worked for this company 4 years, I decided to quit in July but decided to go back exactly 1 month later..due to that I lost everything seniority,vacation,sick pay,insurance and the ability to qualify for FMLA, but kept my pay.I was thankful I kept my pay but without these other benefits it's simply not worth going back. I work maybe 22 hours if I'm lucky unlike before I worked nearly 40 hrs! I gave proper notice and was imediatly hired back because I was a reliable worker but they most certainly don't treat you that way.