Employee reviews at MidAmerica Basement Systems

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"Don't expect to work in a sales position - even with a sales background! Even though there are women in management positions, it is very much a "boys club" and women are expected to work in the office, while the men do the sales appointments and make the money. Also, if you're in a management position, don't expect to have a positive work-life balance. During "busy season" coming in before 7 and staying after 5 was the norm, although not encouraged because of overtime. "
"Not sure"
One thing MidAmerica Basement Systems can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Service & Production Assistant, Administrative
0 Weeks Paid | 7 Weeks Unpaid
"I had requested to take 8 weeks for maternity leave, but was asked if I would be able to take 6 (the minimum mandated by the state). We compromised on 7. FMLA does not apply because the company has less than 50 employees and the owner tends to keep it that way (There were 45 at the time I left). When I came back I was expecting my regular hours (8-5 pm), but was asked to come in 7-4 pm and was made to feel like there wasn't an option to say no. I ended up putting my notice in within days of returning."
Would you recommend MidAmerica Basement Systems to other women?

Want to