New York University http://www.nyu.edu/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about New York University?
bornfree Student Life And Housing

NYU was a wonderful place to work for the most part, but some departments are more political than other. Residential life and housing had a disparity related to racial and gender diversity and promotions. This was one of the reasons I left.

anon1678 Adjunct Professor

The university is very fair, adjuncts are in a union.

Stillirise

It's a big enough company that it depends heavily on where you work. I have experienced both good and bad work environments in just three years here.

Great space if you are trying to earn a higher education degree or if you have college bound kids in the next 2-3 years. Such a big organization can have lots of red tape, management shifts, and politics.
anon1668 Graduate Assistant

I don't have enough details about NYU as an employer. I know there are a lot of women working there as Admin, clerks, and faculty, so I guess it must be ok.

I'm an international student; I was working there as an on-campus job.
Lady maybel System Administrator, ITS

Very political, but good work-life balance. Money is not great but educational opportunities are very good. Coworkers are generally very supportive and friendly. Senior management builds a wall between itself and lower levels that can impede growth. The organization does not appear to promote from within as much as it prefers to hire senior staff from outside. Sexism is subtle.

Lady Ahtsur

Very friendly with great benefits. Many opportunities in my department for women.

Lady NishaGutty

Great work/life balance and support of further education and family life. The pay is low, but in return you get great benefits, more vacation days than you can use and great coworkers.

Lady France

Depends on what department you are in, but I know a lot of women who have gone on maternity leave once or twice here and have continued to move up within the department. It's not a typical 9-5 job and the hours and demands certainly increase the higher up you go. For the most part, it's supportive.

Women Review New York University for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of New York University by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4.3 stars, based on 8 reviews Company Website bornfree anon1678 Stillirise anon1668 Lady maybel Lady Ahtsur Lady NishaGutty Lady France