Northrop Grumman Corporation http://www.northropgrumman.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Northrop Grumman Corporation?
anon1801 Software Engineer, Aerospace Systems

Most teams only hire 1 woman to satisfy the quota. The women here are very competitive and will not make your job easier. When it' s time for layoffs, the women are the first to go. Work place culture is quite male oriented. I had people told me directly including other women that i don't read/write code even though i have been working at this company for 20 years + as a software engineer. Work is based on projects so you would have to re-apply and go to job interviews for each project. You may not get hired for the next project even though you are already an employee. Managers expect you to work around the clock with no extra pay 50+ hours a week. Raises are 1 to 2% only. I've been on the same level for 13 years without a promotion in sight. This happens to a lot of co-workers, i am not in the only one. Benefits and anything fun are taken away to remain cost-competitive. The only people that the company likes are college graduates. But once you've been there a few years, they'd like to get rid of you.

If you have a security clearance and are out for 30 days, the clearance will be dropped. This discourages people from being out too long.
fairy

It's a good place to work with a good flex time policy. Benefits have significantly decreased over the past 10 years.

Madam WorkLifeBalance Technical Services

I work in a smaller part of NGC and have many women, and the head of our area is a woman. I am quite happy here and find that women are treated equally. A coworker took maternity leave recently and did not seem to suffer any informal repercussions.

Madam Satellite Manager, Systems Engineering

It's the Aerospace Industry-- I get to work on some pretty cool projects but the company is very slow to change its ingrained culture and white-male-engineer insider network. On the plus side, I've seen senior leadership kick off serious initiatives to foster women leadership; on the minus, I've seen those initiatives die as senior leaders move on.

Depends on Department and Program; get a mentor
Lady Hogwarts

I worked here for more than 5 years as a Software Engineer. Work-wise, the tasks and expectations were similar compared to my male colleagues, but I got tired of the lack of advancement and/or promotion, even after completing a higher degree. Pay is overall very low (below market value) in Defense industry, but I wouldn't be surprised if I found out my coworkers (males) were making more than me. I ended up not returning after maternity leave (very generous leave policy, I'm thankful that I built up my benefits over the years) because I didn't see much opportunity for growth, career-wise. But it's a good company and there's a high chance to maintain a really good work-life balance and retire there.

There aren't many other women, but work-wise women in engineering are treated equally to men. Probably paid less though. But benefits are good. Not much advancement after motherhood.
Lady user1234

Satisfaction varies by department. I worked on a military base in a male dominated area of mostly white men who were retired from the military. I was not taken as seriously as my male peers, and had little room for advancement because of this.

This company as other Aerospace companies are still the "good old boy" club. The program I am currently on is male dominated and some of these managers makes it very clear they do not like to work with women.

Lady Cyndi

I have worked here for almost 10 years and in that time there were only two women supervisors. It is a mans' world. Men are paid more than women even if the woman has the same qualifications. I don't know about maternity leave. If the manager doesn't like you, you won't get a raise nor will you be promoted.

Lady peachykeen

The company is making a concerted effort to overcome the old male dominated defense industry reputation. They are focused on diversity and inclusion.

Lady camino88

If you don't mind the good old boys club treatment then you'll be fine working here.

it depends if the good old boys club want you in their circle or not

Women Review Northrop Grumman Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Northrop Grumman Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.3 stars, based on 12 reviews Company Website anon1801 fairy Madam WorkLifeBalance Madam Satellite Lady Hogwarts Lady user1234 Lady anon324 Lady Cyndi Lady peachykeen Lady camino88