Owens Corning https://w.owenscorning.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Owens Corning?
anon1317 Advanced Scientist, Research & Development

Owens Corning for the most part has flexible work hours, work-life balance, and women in mid-leadership for the Toledo HQ and Granville Science & Technology center. I do not believe this is true for women in the plant. For a STEM career in a manufacturing industry, this is a great place to be as a woman. But I always have to qualify that with "for a STEM career" or "for a manufacturing industry"... because compared to other industry leaders in different industries, we do not fair so well. Owens Corning is in the Building Materials and Manufacturing industry. While they are "equal or better" compared to others within the same industry, is this really enough? Compared to other industries, we are not so good. 6 weeks of paid maternity leave and that's it. No paternity leave. One woman only on the board and she just got put there in the past year. HUGE gap when it comes to equality both in numbers and in pay at the various band levels. The Science and Technology center (R&D) has a very wide gender gap in leadership roles, especially among the technical track folks. The needle is being moved in the right direction, but we are behind in many ways.

You can take up to 12 weeks maternity leave under FMLA. Only 6 weeks are paid and 6 weeks would have to be unpaid OR you have to use your vacation days to get paid.

Women Review Owens Corning for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Owens Corning by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 1 reviews Company Website anon1317