Employee reviews at Palmetto Goodwill

"Go for it because it is great benefits and if you are Assistant Manager you have more flexibility- senior managers are always pigeon holed and its volatile for scheduling a work--life balance."
"not sure"
One thing Palmetto Goodwill can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Senior Manager, Retail
"They cut managers from 5 to 2 so coverage is required and if someone calls out or quits, you're screwed and forced to be there. A manager must be there at all times."
Would you recommend Palmetto Goodwill to other women?
"It's a lot of physical work. The upper management does not provide necessary support,. They have grown from 15 to 30+ locations and it requires people to make it work. They do not provide a living wage (which works for people receiving disability or alimony or retirement checks, but for single hard-workers the pay does not add up. They manage with an iron fist and have a lot of turnover. Overall its a fun physical job with diverse people and loyal customers, but the hours and lack of training is less than inspiring. High expectations- but do not provide the resources - people, cashiers, donation attendants, trucks, etc, As a mid level manager my voice was not heard and it was extremely frustrated. When I was promoted to senior level manager, I worked 60+ hours per week because employees were unreliable. I a currently on a leave of absence because I was burned out, a single mom, and finishing my MBA. Daycare does not support the required hours of working. If I were childless it would be easier. I finally was promoted from making $15.50 to $42,000 but they cut the bonuses for managers from $600/mo to $300/mo. Many managers left because of this,"