Pearson Education http://www.pearsoned.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Pearson Education?
Design102

Flexible to work for. Casual dress. Management in my case is easy to talk with.

trk871210

Leave policies are not good but everything else is. There is a great employee resource group - WILL - which offers amazing developmental opportunities. And it's not like a club. It is part of the business.

flyingpeanut

This position is very flexible, but the compensation just isn't enough to support a family and your job security isn't great.

Expect all your meetings to be dominated by male employees. They are the ones management takes seriously. A female and male colleague could have same concern and management would listen to the man and call the woman hysterical. So much mansplaining

By-a-lady

Find another career. Don't work here. You will never receive a raise, even if you get a promotion. Men will be paid more for the same job.

Lady MileHigh Marketing Manager, Pearson Learning Solutions

Maternity leave was generous compared to other US companies. Occasionally uncovered sexism but this was on a person-to-person basis and in general, equality was universal.

Lady Cordelia Manager, Global

I've worked at Pearson for over 10 years and there are many women working at Pearson throughout the company in roles that span the corporate structure from entry level through the executive level. In speaking with colleagues outside of Pearson, I believe that the benefits are above average both in Healthcare/family care and many other programs to support work/personal life balance. Maternity leave is the bare minimum with many co-workers using all of their vacation time, personal and sick time for the year to be at home for the longest amount possible. I rarely see any men take advantage of the two weeks paternity leave afforded to them.

Lady anon498 Marketing Manager

I've worked here for almost 3 years and there are a lot of women working in my department. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but new management is male-dominated and not open to the flexibility and work life balance we had before. Which makes it tougher for women to balance home and work obligations. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time.

If you live close by and have a flexible boss then I think you are okay. Otherwise, no!
Lady F

I worked there over 10 years. The first 4 were wonderful, then they got too big for their britches and no longer cared about the workers. Mgt was too busy trying to make themselves look good.

Lady Notahacker

The only good thing was the insurance benefits. Other than that it was pitiful with raises and appraisals.

Women Review Pearson Education for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Pearson Education by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 17 reviews Company Website Design102 trk871210 flyingpeanut anon1523 By-a-lady Lady MileHigh Lady Cordelia Lady anon498 Lady F Lady Notahacker